Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper way to press a Hoyt bow?

I have a katera Xl and I am wondering what the correct way to press it is??

Is it correct to never put pressure on the riser and just press the limbs?

Any one have a pic of the proper way to press a hoyt?

thanks,

Nacho

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
What is the proper way to press a Hoyt bow?

I have a katera Xl and I am wondering what the correct way to press it is??

Is it correct to never put pressure on the riser and just press the limbs?

Any one have a pic of the proper way to press a hoyt?

thanks,

Nacho

You should have a pin as close to the riser as possible but against the limb only and the other pin near the cam. I like to have them as close to the cam as I can get them and still have them not interefere with the cam as I press it. Do this on both limbs and you won't have problem.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
The bow in the press isn't a Hoyt (Bow Tech Captain) but this would be one of the proper methods....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Read the owner's manual. If you don't have one go to the Hoyt web site. Both will show you the correct way to press a Hoyt bow.

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
check out the press sootballs has for sale here on a.t. it has many pics of the proper way to press a hoyt..

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Absolutely do NOT press a bow like shown in the previous pic!!!! If The manufacture saw that, the warranty would be void.

There should be an illustration in your owners manual.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
This is how I do it in my presses,
I am not up to speed on the newer hoyts but I do know they want no pressure whatsoever on the risers period!
The bow in the pic is a reezen but its the same for all bows

Attachments

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
All you guys are COMPLETELY WRONG about the pic. There is absolutely ZERO pressure on the riser. The straps just secure it in place. They're barely tight. In fact, I can press it like that without using the straps. They're just there for security. The bottle jack is what presses the limbs at the tips. That's probably one of the BEST ways to press ANY parallel limb bow. If you'd look first, you'd notice that the rollers aren't even touching the riser. It's probably a good idea to know what you're talking about before you start spouting off and giving incorrect information...............

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have the exact Apple press with the adapters and it has pressed several hoyts

I don't have the straps I just position the rollers under the riser in case something slips while I am loading the bow

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Hoyt's are pressed at the limb pocket .... or just get an press like the EZ press

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Absolutely do NOT press a bow like shown in the previous pic!!!! If The manufacture saw that, the warranty would be void.
When I first looked at the pic that is what I thought too but I took a second look and can see that he is pressing with limb tip adapters. He is fine pressing this way as the straps don't put any pressure on the riser.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
When I first looked at the pic that is what I thought too but I took a second look and can see that he is pressing with limb tip adapters. He is fine pressing this way as the straps don't put any pressure on the riser.
Yep, my bad, sorry, that'll teach me to not look hard enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts