Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has pressed a Strother......what press are you using?

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
EZ press just have to use the draw stop fingers or take the stops off all together, just remember to put them back on before you draw if you do take them off.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Anyone who has pressed a Strother......what press are you using?

I used an EZ press on mine with the drawstop fingers on the Strother bows that I've had.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
EZ press style!

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EZ press just have to use the draw stop fingers or take the stops off all together, just remember to put them back on before you draw if you do take them off.
Apple with fingers
I used an EZ press on mine with the drawstop fingers on the Strother bows that I've had.
EZ press style!
That's quite interesting. Here's a paragraph from the Strother owner's manual:

Pressing a Strother Bow
When it comes to pressing your new bow, the right press is a must. We recommend using a Sure-Loc X-press. It is considered a double pull press, which will push in on the limbs, without dragging across them. This will create less stress on the riser and limbs, which can cause them to break, in which they will not be covered by warranty. We also highly recommend the split limb attachment, without it you can do damage to the bow.
If using a Sure-Loc X-Press, the lower peg should be as close to the limb pocket as possible. The upper peg needs to be on the limb as close to the cam as possible, without effecting the movement of the cam.

Is it safe to assume that if you don't use a Sure Loc, the warranty is voided on the bow?

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
That's quite interesting. Here's a paragraph from the Strother owner's manual:

Pressing a Strother Bow
When it comes to pressing your new bow, the right press is a must. We recommend using a Sure-Loc X-press. It is considered a double pull press, which will push in on the limbs, without dragging across them. This will create less stress on the riser and limbs, which can cause them to break, in which they will not be covered by warranty. We also highly recommend the split limb attachment, without it you can do damage to the bow.
If using a Sure-Loc X-Press, the lower peg should be as close to the limb pocket as possible. The upper peg needs to be on the limb as close to the cam as possible, without effecting the movement of the cam.

Is it safe to assume that if you don't use a Sure Loc, the warranty is voided on the bow?
The way i read it they are only recommending the Sureloc. If you use a sureloc without the adaptors you actually need to put more stress on the limbs, pockets, and riser than using the adaptors or using an easy press or similiar press. Any press that presses only on the limb tips will not damage the bow as long as they are not digging into the limbs. This is using the same force as drawing the bow.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The way i read it they are only recommending the Sureloc. If you use a sureloc without the adaptors you actually need to put more stress on the limbs, pockets, and riser than using the adaptors or using an easy press or similiar press. Any press that presses only on the limb tips will not damage the bow as long as they are not digging into the limbs. This is using the same force as drawing the bow.
The way I read the warranty exclusion is that if you press a Strother with something other than an X-press and the limbs crack, the warranty is void. I thought all Strother dealers had to use an X-press with the Ultra Short limb adaptor kit #1 on the bows. Is the correct or not?

·
Registered
14,313 Posts
The way I read the warranty exclusion is that if you press a Strother with something other than an X-press and the limbs crack, the warranty is void. I thought all Strother dealers had to use an X-press with the Ultra Short limb adaptor kit #1 on the bows. Is the correct or not?
It does read "If using an Xpress" which implies that you do not have to use an x press.

·
Registered
24,585 Posts
EZ press puts far less pressure on the limb. Maybe getting a X press kick back from having it in there who knows.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
Chugga, just by reading that warranty clip that you posted, I interpret it as Strother saying that the X-Press is only recommended, not required. The EZ press does NOT "drag across" the limbs; it actually presses the bow very similarly to the X-Press in that the limbs are just being moved closer together.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EZ press puts far less pressure on the limb. Maybe getting a X press kick back from having it in there who knows.
If that were true, one would think that Strother would be using and suggesting the use of the EZ press, which I agree does an excellent job of pressing a bow. That's all I allow my pro shop to use on my Bowtech center pivot commanders.

·
CenterX
4,227 Posts
I've pressed mine with our Apple Super Pro with bottle jacks on each side and split limb adaptors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Using a bowmaster with the newer split limb adapters and the bow boss bow vice. Great budget setup. I like the ability to spin the bow easily while working on it in the vice with the press attached. It also works very well on my monster 7.

·
Registered
788 Posts
EZ Press

I e-mailed Strother and asked if the EZ Press was ok to use and their reply was " absolutely ok to use an EZ Press"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts