Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some surfing last night & came across this product that I thought was a pretty cool idea for guys who hunt out of ladder stands.

I had my ladder stand stolen a couple of years ago & bet if I had this baby on it, it would of made it allot harder for the scrumbag to get it...

http://www.ladderlockout.com/

·
Registered
804 Posts
it looked heavy. i just put a little sing on my stands smile you are on camera.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thieves are resourcefull, they would still steal your stand. If they want it there's really not much you can do to stop them short of patrolling it 24/7. :sad:

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
Thieves are resourcefull, they would still steal your stand. If they want it there's really not much you can do to stop them short of patrolling it 24/7. :sad:
You are right. Some could get an extension ladder out there and still steal your stand.

Buddy at work lost his 2-man stand. The scumbag thief simply lopped off the top of the tree with a chainsaw and shimmed the stand up and over what he cut off.

Sad when we have to have companies make items like they did here but if it helps deter thieves, it is good.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well they must not be too resourceful here in Michigan, or they are just plain scared, more so than in Iowa. I use an 8 X 10 placard on all my stands which states:

PROPERTY UNDER 24 HOUR HIDDEN CAMERA SURVEILLANCE. STEAL OR VANDALIZE AND I WILL CATCH YOU AND PROSECUTE FOR TRESPASS AND WHATEVER ELSE. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

So far all of my stands and pop-up blinds have stayed put. This is after several grew legs in the past.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Well they must not be too resourceful here in Michigan, or they are just plain scared, more so than in Iowa. I use an 8 X 10 placard on all my stands which states:

PROPERTY UNDER 24 HOUR HIDDEN CAMERA SURVEILLANCE. STEAL OR VANDALIZE AND I WILL CATCH YOU AND PROSECUTE FOR TRESPASS AND WHATEVER ELSE. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

So far all of my stands and pop-up blinds have stayed put. This is after several grew legs in the past.
I'm glad it's working for you. Thieves suck.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Been there and done that, Got to my stand spot last year, and you guessed it, It was gone........

·
Registered
865 Posts
One of my friends has had stands stolen over the last 4 or 5 years so he printed out on paper, thats laminated and screwed to the tree in plain view that reads ......

''Property Of the Ohio Division Of Natural Resources--GPS Tracking #55904-Stand #2--Any Persons Using,Moving,Stealing This Stand Will Be Fined''

Guess it works though..he hasnt had a stand stolen in the last 2 years :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts