Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a 350 but have heard of some people paying $750 new. Idk if this is BS or what. Im looking to find the best price I can so im wondering what people have been paying so I dont get J**ed. Thanks Travis

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Shop here in towwn sells the for $729 but I believe the MSRP is $750. There are some good buys here in the classified section.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
MAP, minimum advertised price is 899, msrp is 950. If the shop is doing what they are supposed to you will pay 899

·
Registered
299 Posts
$899 or BT gets pretty mad!!!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I have heard many a dealer complain about the "mandatory" $899 price. They want to sell them for $749-799 to be competitive with Hoyt, Mathews, etc but BT won't let them. I can tell you that it's costing BT lots of sales because I know many people have made other choices based upon price. It's one heck of a bow but not worth 899. When a guy, like me, is on the fence between the 3 companies, that extra $100-150 to go BT keeps the Hoyts and Mathews flying out the doors.

Good luck finding anyone to admit they will sell below MAP....but it happens and those guys are still making a profit while others are gouging you pretty bad.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I have heard many a dealer complain about the "mandatory" $899 price. They want to sell them for $749-799 to be competitive with Hoyt, Mathews, etc but BT won't let them. I can tell you that it's costing BT lots of sales because I know many people have made other choices based upon price. It's one heck of a bow but not worth 899. When a guy, like me, is on the fence between the 3 companies, that extra $100-150 to go BT keeps the Hoyts and Mathews flying out the doors.

Good luck finding anyone to admit they will sell below MAP....but it happens and those guys are still making a profit while others are gouging you pretty bad.
I have seen many dealers sell many brands below MAP they just can't advertise below MAP you have to hagle because too many people will just give what the sticker says for them ! I see Z7's going for 850 here and destroyers going for the same, and I have owned both and feel you get way better technology with bowtech so I would happily give an extra $50 bucks to have a bow that is moving and pushing technology! just like the guys who are buying Hoyt CM I bet very few feel they got ripped off It's new technology something the fanboys know very little about so I understand that they don't get it

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
It's new technology something the fanboys know very little about so I understand that they don't get it

So you would fall into this "fanboy" catagory as well then LOL? All these threads about Bowtechs exploding, is that the new technology you speak of, just curious. Sorry i had to :set1_rolf2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
So you would fall into this "fanboy" catagory as well then LOL? All these threads about Bowtechs exploding, is that the new technology you speak of, just curious. Sorry i had to :set1_rolf2:
look at post (My Z-7 Blew Up) post #45 You might want to rethink your post???

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Unfortunately yes most bows are overpriced, but a z7 here, is still about 250 dollars cheaper than a destroyer anywhere. As far as technology goes, what a huge advancement the flx guard is----i can see how it would warrant an extra 250

·
Registered
671 Posts
Unfortunately yes most bows are overpriced, but a z7 here, is still about 250 dollars cheaper than a destroyer anywhere. As far as technology goes, what a huge advancement the flx guard is----i can see how it would warrant an extra 250
What about Cam lean??? Bottom Cam?? Limbs??? not 7 layers?? Torque on the Bow with cable roller ??
Center Shot??? Speed?? It's worth $250:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts