Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is hunting land going for in your area these days. I am looking at 200 acres of wooded hill ground. The owner is asking a 1000 an acre for it. Just wondering how it compares to other areas. I remember the mid 80's when I was in high school this same ground was selling for $150-200/acre. This land it all woods, it is surrounded by large cattle farms on all sides of which the owners allow either no hunting or very limited amounts. It was select cut in 1990. Its very secluded, over a mile off the gravel road, it has an easement across another farm to get to it.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
1000 / acre is a pretty good price. I've looked quite a bit in lower Tennesee and it averages about 1500 acre. I would suggest offering less of course, but that is not a bad price. Good luck.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Straight wooded property in central Michigan is running around $1500+ an acre. Tillable land is $2500+ an acre.

There are a few spots for $1000 an acre but you better be quick with the checkbook because they don't last long on the market.

My wife and I done real good on a 38 acres with a main house and a rental trailer home. We paid $120,000.

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
That sounds like a good price to me, but then again I don't know what the real estate market in Arkansas is. In SE MN where I hunt a place we hunted just was sold for 3k per acre. Can't really blame the landowner, that's a serious amount of change. Of course the land was bought by a developer so it will be flattened to build more cookie cutter homes.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hunting land in Michigan, depending on where it's located, would run 1,500 - 2,000 an acre. Buddy bought 50 acres around Baldwin for about 1,800 an acre a few years ago.

Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Down here in central Fl the land is boo koo exspensive. My old hunting place was 468 acres. It was on the market last year for 200 million !!! I can probably say I hunted one of the most exspensive pieces of land in the country !! For free !! Its near disney. Chock full of deer and turkey, soon to be another theme park. We have a farm in South Georgia. The land around there is getting exspensive too. 2500-3500 an acre.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Up Up and away!

Prime hunting ground prices have caught up with top notch farm ground here in Iowa. If you can find hilly, rocky scrub ground, where even cockle burs won’t grow. You might be able to get it for $2500.00 an acre. The problem is every one is looking for prime trophy buck hunting ground and there is only a limited amount. I get random calls from all over the USA asking if I would consider selling my property. My reply is; I’m not interested, I would have a difficult time replacing it with anything of equal quality.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
It's the same here. Hunting property prices are really starting to rise sharply with most tracts going from $2,500 to $5,000 per acre. At $1,000/acre I would JUMP on it! There is simply nothing like owning your own property!

·
Registered
359 Posts
It all depends on accessibility here in Southern Illinois. Ive seen it for 1500.00 an acre on up to 3500.00 depending on where it is. People are starting to buy hunting land so with the demand prices have gone up. If you can get it for 1500.00 an acre just think of what it would be worth in 20 years!!

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
WOW!! My cousin just bought a 140 acres for $640 an acre.

Our land is going up a lot though, Amish are moving in, buying it all up at ungodly prices, no pun intended :confused:

·
Registered
441 Posts
that would be about right here in oklahoma. wooded land (depending on how close to a major city) averages around 800 to 1000 bucks an acre.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts