Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s a lot of opinions but let’s see. Who likes Prime, and why? I’ve shot all the other big brands but Prime interests me. Sell me on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I know my prime hybrid LD is my favorite deer killing bow I've had in 30+ years. It's a bow I draw and shoot and arrow goes where I want. They are not fast by alot of flag ship bows but that doesn't really matter to me anymore.
I like how the bow draws , holds, and seems like pulling less weight.

Things I didn't like the side plates rattle, and bow has a different sound on the shot but not really loud just different and DLS cams I wish were mods

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I bought a new Prime Rize last August. The bow is the smoothest most vibe free bow I have shot in a long time. Once I got the draw length setup correctly it took me two shots to get a bullet hole through paper. Easiest bow to tune I have ever had. No cam lean, accurate and a free set of strings every two years. This bow will be with me for a long time.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had never heard of prime unitll i saw a new old stock discontinued model '14 alloy on the rack discounted to $400 and it happened to be the right draw lenth for me so i shot it. What i liked when i shot it was the draw cycle and feel/balance. What i found later was that mine at least tuned really easy, and i am pretty new to tuning. Also if you are the original owner you geta set of strings replaced every other year for free, paid for by prime, which is a bonus. I have shot my best groups ever with this bow by far.

·
Registered
494 Posts
One other thing, if you are interested in a model your dealer does not have in stock prime will send a demo to your dealer for you to try from what I understand.

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,632 Posts
I love them. I have a couple I'm selling because I have new ones coming.

They are VERY easy to tune, quick enough for me and they are VERY forgiving.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I bought a Prime Centergy Hybrid LD to shoot 3D with this year, I am really excited to get it out on the range. Arrows touch at 40 yards, even when I think I made a bad shot, it's right in there. It holds better than any bow I have ever shot in the last 56 years. I bought a Camo Centergy LD (33" ATA) to hunt with this year, haven't got a chance to shoot it outside at long distance yet, but at 10 yards inside, nice bare shaft and paper tears. I really like the balance of the bow, I am shooting the 31" cam and with the draw stop at 85% setoff I am getting 31 3/8" which is perfect for me (this is import and as the cams are draw length specific). I also bought an Evolve 35 that I will be testing and using for hunting which I also like a lot, It will depend on which bow is more accurate. The wall is excellent with the limb stops, and it is very good with the string stops too. I am not a fanboy, I want the most accurate bow I can take into the woods, and with a 31" draw, speed is not the most important consideration for me. I have been hunting with a Hoyt Carbon Matrix for the last 4 years, I have bought new bows every year, and I have not found a bow I shoot better than the Matrix, this might be the year LOL. I can't tell if I like a bow with only shooting in a shop and not being properly set-up and no sights and stab. I picked up the Bare Evolve and the top cam hit me in the face, but with sights and stab it is perfectly balanced without a bunch of weights. The Primes are balanced perfectly bare and decked out, go figure!

·
Registered
941 Posts
tagged. These bows have interested me for a while but I've never bought one? I would expect them to be a very stable platform and smooth drawing?

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Great craftsmanship and quality. Probably some of the best I'm the business all killed by expensive, cumbersome and PIA DL specific cams. One day...one day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
G5 they make literally everything you shoot might as shoot the bow they make too.

Before pse went 90% lo. Prime was the only bow you could hold back 10-15 minuets for hunting.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They make a great bow and use the best material out there. Different innovation and a pleasure to shoot. Centergy I i liked the best.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
I bought a Prime Centergy Hybrid LD to shoot 3D with this year, I am really excited to get it out on the range. Arrows touch at 40 yards, even when I think I made a bad shot, it's right in there. It holds better than any bow I have ever shot in the last 56 years. I bought a Camo Centergy LD (33" ATA) to hunt with this year, haven't got a chance to shoot it outside at long distance yet, but at 10 yards inside, nice bare shaft and paper tears. I really like the balance of the bow, I am shooting the 31" cam and with the draw stop at 85% setoff I am getting 31 3/8" which is perfect for me (this is import and as the cams are draw length specific). I also bought an Evolve 35 that I will be testing and using for hunting which I also like a lot, It will depend on which bow is more accurate. The wall is excellent with the limb stops, and it is very good with the string stops too. I am not a fanboy, I want the most accurate bow I can take into the woods, and with a 31" draw, speed is not the most important consideration for me. I have been hunting with a Hoyt Carbon Matrix for the last 4 years, I have bought new bows every year, and I have not found a bow I shoot better than the Matrix, this might be the year LOL. I can't tell if I like a bow with only shooting in a shop and not being properly set-up and no sights and stab. I picked up the Bare Evolve and the top cam hit me in the face, but with sights and stab it is perfectly balanced without a bunch of weights. The Primes are balanced perfectly bare and decked out, go figure!
So these makes me upset, was hoping to see your Hybrid come up for sale so I could have another one! Lol

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So which one should I buy if I shoot 70# 28.5

I would suggest the Prime Alloy. I own a 2014 Model and have not bothered to seriously consider another bow since. It is a perfect size for tree stand or spot and stalk use.
You should be able to pick one up for a good price in the classifieds. The cams are draw length specific and run pretty true to length.
I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
15,104 Posts
I'd probably pick the Centergy, with a 28'' cam.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Don't buy any until you shoot them. It will depend on what you like for ATA and what you want to do with it. Hunting vs 3d vs target... I've had 6 and love the way they shoot.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Just getting some time behind my Centergy and love it.

·
Registered
23,297 Posts
I began shooting Prime bows with a used 2012 Centroid that was a real tack driver. Then I moved to the Impact when they were the current longer ATA model before the Rival came out with the Flexis cable guard and PCXL cams. I have not shot a Centergy, as I bought a used Obsession late this past summer and shot it all hunting season with both kills coming via the OB. Overall, they are a very well built bow that is a pleasure to shoot and designed by a company that is going to be around for a while. G5 is working hard to be an industry leader by listening to their customers and also offering accessories such as BH's, quivers and rests. If you have an interest, I would recommend that you make every effort to get one in hand and give it a good workout. The DL specific cams are not that difficult to figure out, but they are probably more challenging to resell in a module based market.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts