Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to get myself into setup and tuning my own bows. I recently moved from KC to Indy. In KC i always had Crackers do everything to my bows. Now that I’m in Indy I haven’t found myself a reliable shop that i can depend on to set up my bows perfectly. Im currently setting up a Prime Centergy at 65lb draw weight at 28.25” draw. I keep getting a slight nick right tear that I can’t seem to get worked out. I’ve shot both 400, 350, and 340 spine arrows. The 340 arrows seems to get me the closest. I’ve messed with the rest and the adjustable cable guard. Not sure what the issue could be. I’m waiting on my press to be delivered but when I put the bow in the draw board everything is hitting at the same time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m not too familiar with the prime bows. But first I would suggest you are following through completely with your shot. Be sure you aren’t torquing your bow and not pushing your face into the string too much that could cause it to move. You would be surprised how much the human part can effect the results of a shot through paper. Now I am saying this going along with you that you have adjusted your rest where it needs to be but not seeing exact bullet holes.

·
SHOOT EM STRAIGHT
4,917 Posts
I saw the same issues with my centergy hybrid. I adjusted my grip a little and it took care of the problem.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the same issues with my centergy hybrid. I adjusted my grip a little and it took care of the problem.
What did you do with your grip positioning? Right now my rest is set left of center shot by a fair amount. If it's a torque issue I'd love to figure out how to get that out. I don't have access to a hooter shooter to take the human element out of it.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I will assume that you are right handed, if you are getting a "slight" nock right, I would move on to walk back tuning and set the rest horizontal where you can hit a string at 3 yards and 30-40 yards and never look at paper again unless you hunt paper up close, then go to bare shaft and see what it looks like. It you can place bare shafts together at 20 yards, but not with your fletched shafts work on your bow. If you can't place bare shafts together, its definitely your form. If it is grip and your bare shaft is hitting left, you would need to move the pressure point to the left. Draw length and face pressure can also do this as does arrow spine. Weak arrow spine often gets worse thru paper as you increase the distance. It's easy to check it by turning your bow down/decreasing point weight. I would start with your Flexis set at 1 1/2 turns out and use it for fine tuning (anywhere between 0 turns and 3 turns) If you get everything right the Flexis should be turned out for a right tear rather than 0 turns. Hope this helps.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a right handed shooter. Right now my flexis is turned out 2 turns. I'll try tomorrow night to shoot a string at 3yds and 20yds and see how that works. In peoples experience do the primes center shots seem to run left of center?

·
SHOOT EM STRAIGHT
4,917 Posts
I moved the bottom part of my hand towards the grip more than I usually do. I actually tightened the flexxis and got a better tear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts