Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shot both the shift and centroid this weekend at dealer and had high expectations but...
shift had a terrible draw cycle for some reason even though both bows were same pull weight and same cams
centroid shot very nice but I noticed something that totally turned me off, at the end of draw just before the valley
one of the cables going through the i-glide was rubbing against the inside of cam as the cam rotated to its widest diameter
and the noise it made when it rubbed was a disapointment
its's a 34 ata bow so the angle of the cables is not that steep!!
anyone else notice this on that bow?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I didn't when I shot them. Maybe there was just a factory defect no one has noticed on the bow

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
If tuned correctly the cables get very close but do not touch. My guess is there was something off with both of them.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I am just assuming here but maybe that had a defective ti-glide. I had talked to a dealer that had seen a few defective ones that were replaced by G5 with no questions asked. They changed to a new design on the 2013. You are weight though, the Shift has a much stiffer draw then the Centroid. At 60lb it is not really that bad. Much better then 70.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It could be many things, but do yourself the favor and go to another shop and try them again. You are the first that I have heard say a bad word except a few have said a harsh draw cycle

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be many things, but do yourself the favor and go to another shop and try them again. You are the first that I have heard say a bad word except a few have said a harsh draw cycle
not an option, not a choice of dealers in my area carrying prime and to add to that I'm a lefty which means even less choice to try models

·
Best in the World
3,866 Posts
Sounds like it wasn't tuned correctly, was at a shop last year and it wasn't shooting good so I asked owner and he said they were all like that, after I helped him look at the specs and tuned it it was a world different

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
draw stops were measured by caliper for distance and both hit limbs at same time, don't know if it could be an i-glide issue as mentioned above
the angle of one cable causing touch/friction on top cam only, botttom cam clears because i-glide is not in center of bow and different cable angle at bottom

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update... returned to the dealer this weekend to look at the other primes (2012 models since no lefty '13 in stock)
guess what, they all have the cables rubbing on cam... brand new bows from factory
dealer was surprised also, apparently nobody noticed this before
the 2013 models have different, wider track, cams so don't seem to have the issue
too bad for prime, walked out with a hoyt

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Were they shipped with the I-glide and not the Ti-glide? The I-glide on the defy is the exact same length as the Ti-Glide on the centroid, just much stiffer. I had a warranty issue with a click in my Ti-glide. Well they shipped a new ti-glide out without questions, but I got the I-glide for the Defy made out of steel and not titanium. I did not even notice it until I installed it on the bow. The cables were not able to flex in towards the middle of the bow, causing the cables to rub on the inside of the cam. Got a new one shipped out immediately and didnt have a one problem with the cables rubbing the cam. They are very close, but definitely not touching.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did notice the 2013's had a stiffer ?-glide (not sure which is which) that flex less and wider tracks on cams
2012 centroid's ?-glide did flex inward when drawn, reducing the cables' outward angle, but still rubbed on cam
surely they didn't widen the tracks for nothing

·
Registered
513 Posts
update... returned to the dealer this weekend to look at the other primes (2012 models since no lefty '13 in stock)
guess what, they all have the cables rubbing on cam... brand new bows from factory
dealer was surprised also, apparently nobody noticed this before
the 2013 models have different, wider track, cams so don't seem to have the issue
too bad for prime, walked out with a hoyt
Good luck with that. I assure you that you will regret that decision. It sounds like a simple growing pain for prime. They would have fixed it. But oh well enjoy the hoyt, I would rather quit archery than shoot another Hoyt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck with that. I assure you that you will regret that decision. It sounds like a simple growing pain for prime. They would have fixed it. But oh well enjoy the hoyt, I would rather quit archery than shoot another Hoyt
don't know why you feel that way but after shooting both side by side the only reason I chose the prime in the first place
was the solid wall, hoyt on the other hand has a smoother draw and feels lighter

·
Registered
690 Posts
Were they shipped with the I-glide and not the Ti-glide? The I-glide on the defy is the exact same length as the Ti-Glide on the centroid, just much stiffer. I had a warranty issue with a click in my Ti-glide. Well they shipped a new ti-glide out without questions, but I got the I-glide for the Defy made out of steel and not titanium. I did not even notice it until I installed it on the bow. The cables were not able to flex in towards the middle of the bow, causing the cables to rub on the inside of the cam. Got a new one shipped out immediately and didnt have a one problem with the cables rubbing the cam. They are very close, but definitely not touching.

How long did it take them to get a new one out to you. I got a Centroid on closeout and must have been on of the first they made (black insert in glide and blue donuts) and the strings are all torn up and they didn't serve the string around the donut and have threads broken going through it. Stopped shooting it because of it, told dealer and called G5. Was told they'd ship me a new Ti Glide, strings and cables. Well a few weeks go by and nothing so I call them and they said they were behind but don't worry they will get them too me soon. Well here I am a month later without my Ti Glide. Great shooting bow, too bad I can't shoot it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
don't know why you feel that way but after shooting both side by side the only reason I chose the prime in the first place
was the solid wall, hoyt on the other hand has a smoother draw and feels lighter
You are 100% right, not the smoothest draw cycle. Hands down best valley, wall, and most accurate bow on the market. Also nearly vibration free. To get one advantage to give up 3 and the most important one accuracy. Not trying to be hostile and appologize for the way my demeanor may sound but seriously you gave up a lot for a little

1 - 16 of 16 Posts