Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come down to choosing between the 2013 Prime Defy and the 2013 Elite hunter. I have shot both bows but the Defy was 29.5" DL and I am only 27.5". I like the valley on the Hunter but did not get a good feel for the Defy due to the long draw length and I'm not sure the draw stops were set correctly to allow for maximum valley.

For those that have shot both how do the valleys on these bows compare?

Are the Defys true to their DL. I have been shooting mathews the past 12 years and have always shot a 27.5".

Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Mathews usually run 1/2-1 inch. So you'll prob shoot a 28in elite.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I own and am currently deciding this myself. The Defy has a better valley and better let off than the Hunter. The Hunter seams to want to creep forward more than the Defy. They are both great bows, the Hunter is a small bit lighter and slimmer. Both have very smooth draws and rock solid back walls. The 2013 hunters are running about 1/2" long on there draw lengths while the Deft is a true 28" on mine. Both have excellent fit and finish. The grip on the Defy is wide and rubber but can be removed to feel more like the Hunters. Both are very quite and almost vibe free.
I'm really having trouble deciding between the 2 but I may be leaning toward the Defy.

·
Archery
10,493 Posts
I own and am currently deciding this myself. The Defy has a better valley and better let off than the Hunter. The Hunter seams to want to creep forward more than the Defy. They are both great bows, the Hunter is a small bit lighter and slimmer. Both have very smooth draws and rock solid back walls. The 2013 hunters are running about 1/2" long on there draw lengths while the Deft is a true 28" on mine. Both have excellent fit and finish. The grip on the Defy is wide and rubber but can be removed to feel more like the Hunters. Both are very quite and almost vibe free.
I'm really having trouble deciding between the 2 but I may be leaning toward the Defy.
Hunter wanting to creep? Yours is either out of whack horribly or you never shot one before. Leads me to think the elite is screwed up to shot because its hard to get more letoff than elite. But then again my experience is the complete opposite as yours.

🎯

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hunter wanting to creep? Yours is either out of whack horribly or you neer shot one before. Leads me to think the elite is screwed up to shot because its hard to get more letoff than elite. But then again my experience is the complete opposite as yours.

��
Yea. This is my 5th elite and it doesn't have the valley my others did. I even twisted cables to get more valley and let off, heck I even modified the nut on the limb stop to get another 1/16" out of it.
My other Elites and my Defy, I can almost relax and take a nap in the valley, my hunter is good but not like the others.

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
i shot both the other day for 2 hours and felt the defy wanted to run off on me when compared to my hunter.
now the answer thats a sleeper

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Yea. This is my 5th elite and it doesn't have the valley my others did. I even twisted cables to get more valley and let off, heck I even modified the nut on the limb stop to get another 1/16" out of it.
My other Elites and my Defy, I can almost relax and take a nap in the valley, my hunter is good but not like the others.
"

I have an '11 Hunter and the valley and let off are better than any bow that I have ever shot. I was scared the first time I tried to let down because it felt like I needed to push it forward to get it to go down.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
That's weird Scaffido, maybe there's some tuning or adjustment out of whack that's causing that. Not saying you're wrong in your own experience but the 13 hunter I shot was Locke in!!

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
The valley on the defy is similar to the helim, rkt. 0 I repeat 0 creep before it takes off

·
Registered
169 Posts
I own both the hunter has a way better valley locked in need to push it to go off feeling and can adjust draw stops for less valley if you like.the defy with the draw stops all the way back still has little valley yes almost like the helim.both smooth no dump at end.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Something has got to be out of whack there. Every hunter i've owned have had HUGE valleys including the 2013 hunter I currently own.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are you sure you dont have this the opposite? The hunter has the better valley and letoff.my defy wants to creep not my hunter.my defy is lighter than my hunter.the elite are running long in draw.I feel I can relax settling in with my hunter like you said having a nap I cant relax at all with my defy.better send your hunter in for warranty!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The Defy I shot had zero valley I mean 0 and the vibe was ridiculous. The Hunter had to be pushed down before it would move.

I looked at both and like the Defy but the valley was a deal breaker for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts