Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Watched the 2018 video, looks like a slight improvement over the 2017 Centergy test performed by Joe ,didn't think that was possible since the Centergy was so good. I'm glad the Logic only goes to 30" draw, now I won't have to buy one LOL. Im waiting for the Logic Hybrid LD. If you haven'y shot one of these, put the Primes on the "to do" list

·
Registered
548 Posts
I will never buy a bow til I see how it scores in Joe's torque test; his results indicate how well the bow will tolerate various arrow spines, how well it will tune, how well it will shoot with imperfect shooter form, etc. Personally I think a few years ago it was Joe's much discussed torque tests caused the archery industry to focus on finally improving cable guard design as part of reducing bow torque and improving bow design.

It's kinda funny how considering Joe's test results, some bow makers have astutely moved to improve their bow designs while others have not. Judging solely on Joe's youtube clips as an indication of improved bow design, I would rate Prime as the leader in getting the torque out of their bows. On the other hand, I can see almost no improvement in reducing torque in the Hoyt models over the last few years. Joe's clips demonstrate that year after year, Hoyt models seem to have the same amount of torque in their bows.

Now if Prime can design a cam that pulls as easily as the Mathews Crosscentric, Hoyt's Cam and 1/2, or Bowtech's Overdrive Binary (on comfort setting), they will have a winner. Also, the Prime bows are just inherently louder than others; the sound tests conducted by ArrowTrade mag confirm this and everyone who has ever shot a Prime can relate to the "Prime ping" noise at the shot.

Oh well, it seems as though every bow manufacturer is working to correct a design "flaw(s)", eh?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
I will never buy a bow til I see how it scores in Joe's torque test; his results indicate how well the bow will tolerate various arrow spines, how well it will tune, how well it will shoot with imperfect shooter form, etc. Personally I think a few years ago it was Joe's much discussed torque tests caused the archery industry to focus on finally improving cable guard design as part of reducing bow torque and improving bow design.

It's kinda funny how considering Joe's test results, some bow makers have astutely moved to improve their bow designs while others have not. Judging solely on Joe's youtube clips as an indication of improved bow design, I would rate Prime as the leader in getting the torque out of their bows. On the other hand, I can see almost no improvement in reducing torque in the Hoyt models over the last few years. Joe's clips demonstrate that year after year, Hoyt models seem to have the same amount of torque in their bows.

Now if Prime can design a cam that pulls as easily as the Mathews Crosscentric, Hoyt's Cam and 1/2, or Bowtech's Overdrive Binary (on comfort setting), they will have a winner. Also, the Prime bows are just inherently louder than others; the sound tests conducted by ArrowTrade mag confirm this and everyone who has ever shot a Prime can relate to the "Prime ping" noise at the shot.

Oh well, it seems as though every bow manufacturer is working to correct a design "flaw(s)", eh?
The Prime Ping kept me away for Prime for years, the LOGIC I shot did not have it. Quietest and deadest Prime yet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I tried a rize and didn’t like it, but when I tried a centergy I loved it almost to the point of trading in my bow. I’m going to have to try out the logic now and see what happens.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
I think the logic I shot was about 1"-1.5" long for me and may have been a poor representation of the draw cycle (loaded up more than I care for on the tail end), I am hoping that was the case because everything else about the bow was extremely nice. I may even have Prime send a 28" to my dealer for me to try......

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think the logic I shot was about 1"-1.5" long for me and may have been a poor representation of the draw cycle (loaded up more than I care for on the tail end), I am hoping that was the case because everything else about the bow was extremely nice. I may even have Prime send a 28" to my dealer for me to try......
Hey that's great. Shooting a bow that is to long is never fun nor a good way to access the way they shoot. If you're able to get your hands on a 28", please share your opinion about the draw cycle. Although I haven't shot the Logic, I've shot just about every flagship bow Prime has offered over the years. The comparatively harsher draw cycle and the Prime "ping" has always caused me to go in another direction. Tough to do when their finish is above average and their torque is below average.

Again, please share your thoughts as the torque-less Logic has my interest.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hey that's great. Shooting a bow that is to long is never fun nor a good way to access the way they shoot. If you're able to get your hands on a 28", please share your opinion about the draw cycle. Although I haven't shot the Logic, I've shot just about every flagship bow Prime has offered over the years. The comparatively harsher draw cycle and the Prime "ping" has always caused me to go in another direction. Tough to do when their finish is above average and their torque is below average.

Again, please share your thoughts as the torque-less Logic has my interest.
You would say the PCXL cams on the Rival and Rize to be harsh? I believe that's the first time I've ever heard that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
I felt the same way as busksnbass525... Bow I shot was 29 inch draw I am normally 27 or 27.5 and when I drew the bow set at 65# I felt heavy but smooth right from the get go, then right at the end it literally stopped, I kept pulling and finally got it back. I shot like 6 arrows. Tiny bit of vibe on the shot but no ping as the usual prime bows. Felt really weird just holding the bow, wanted to roll back on you but no while shooting. I wish I could have **** one at my draw length to see how the draw was.

·
Registered
592 Posts
And to add to my post...at full draw I was not overly extended which was weird. I'm not the strongest guy only weighing a buck 20 on a good day, but the end of the draw cycle was ridiculously stiff!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts