Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW

This is the word that first comes to mind after shooting today.

I will get right to it. At first glance the bow appears to look larger then the 31'' ATA length and definitely shoots that way. This is good as I prefer a longer ATA bow. The cams are very wide, so wide we named it the sandwich cam lol. But all jokes aside I love the design and think prime found something here. This seems to aid into the bows rigidity. Wide Cams, beefy limb pockets, and wide split limbs; this is the recipe for accuracy. The bow is a tact driver. I shot the First light Cypher finish. Its a fantastic finish and dresses well on the bow. I was shooting the 60-70 lbs limbs at 29''. When we pulled the weight on this bow out of the box it was at 75lbs!!!!! This one may had been an anomaly or the strings tightened more just keep in mind this is a 60-70lbs model. I am 6ft1'' with a pretty large wing span. With that being said I believe the logic runs short on DL. I will be ordering a 30'' DL. When you draw the logic back its valley is very smooth and comparable to the Centergy. It does have a noticeable hump but doesn't drop off as "harsh" as the Centergy. The back wall is solid as usual but has a nice give that doesn't rip your arm off if you choose. The logic is a tack driver. I tried to feel any type of "wiggle" or give by shaking at full draw but this bow is SOLID. When I released the arrow the bow had 0 vibration and fell backwards into my hand. Its crazy how nice this bow feels to shoot. Maybe it was the extra 5lbs but this bow is FAST. I saw a few reviews were they say its slow but man I disagree. Even after we cranked her down to 65lbs she seemed very darn quick. I shoot a log anyway at 500+ grains so speed is not as important to me. I shot the Logic and Centergy side by side. I put the Centergy back after 2 shots. That says a lot as the Centergy is an amazing bow. All in all guys I think Prime out did themselves and I look forward to owning my own. This is the best hunting bow I have ever shot. What do you all think? I'd like to hear your reviews.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Thanks for the review! Did you shoot it at Full let-off and feel that it was still short on DL? Did you happen to measure the actual DL to check?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
5lb over max seems high to me. I hope it isn’t the case on these, wouldn’t want to get a 50-60 lb bow and have to turn it down just to make 61-62.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Nice review. Interesting as I started out shooting a short ATA bow(32”) and jumped to a longer 35” ATA Rival and love how the longer feels. Now to scour classifieds for gently used centergy...

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
WOW

This is the word that first comes to mind after shooting today.

I will get right to it. At first glance the bow appears to look larger then the 31'' ATA length and definitely shoots that way. This is good as I prefer a longer ATA bow. The cams are very wide, so wide we named it the sandwich cam lol. But all jokes aside I love the design and think prime found something here. This seems to aid into the bows rigidity. Wide Cams, beefy limb pockets, and wide split limbs; this is the recipe for accuracy. The bow is a tact driver. I shot the First light Cypher finish. Its a fantastic finish and dresses well on the bow. I was shooting the 60-70 lbs limbs at 29''. When we pulled the weight on this bow out of the box it was at 75lbs!!!!! This one may had been an anomaly or the strings tightened more just keep in mind this is a 60-70lbs model. I am 6ft1'' with a pretty large wing span. With that being said I believe the logic runs short on DL. I will be ordering a 30'' DL. When you draw the logic back its valley is very smooth and comparable to the Centergy. It does have a noticeable hump but doesn't drop off as "harsh" as the Centergy. The back wall is solid as usual but has a nice give that doesn't rip your arm off if you choose. The logic is a tack driver. I tried to feel any type of "wiggle" or give by shaking at full draw but this bow is SOLID. When I released the arrow the bow had 0 vibration and fell backwards into my hand. Its crazy how nice this bow feels to shoot. Maybe it was the extra 5lbs but this bow is FAST. I saw a few reviews were they say its slow but man I disagree. Even after we cranked her down to 65lbs she seemed very darn quick. I shoot a log anyway at 500+ grains so speed is not as important to me. I shot the Logic and Centergy side by side. I put the Centergy back after 2 shots. That says a lot as the Centergy is an amazing bow. All in all guys I think Prime out did themselves and I look forward to owning my own. This is the best hunting bow I have ever shot. What do you all think? I'd like to hear your reviews.
how the grip? compared to the centergy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nice review. Was it quieter than the Centergy? My Centergy has the same issue as the bow you tested. It is a 65lb but maxed out at 72lbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys sorry I forgot to address the noise. The logic has zero dampeners on the bow and doesn't need them. It is very quiet. Id say it is quieter then the centergy but I still do not think the centergy is that lowd. Adding dampeners in my opinion would only add weight but hey it wouldn't hurt anything. I don't even know were you would add them lol.

The grip is amazing on this bow. Very much like the centergy. I think they changed the shape ever so slightly as i thought i could feel a diffrence. I am going to take picture today of the bow and post them later.

The bow was definitely at 75lbs and man you could feel it. It was horse to pull back. My impact is maxed out at 70lbs and i pull it with ease. When i first pulled the logic back i thought i was pulling a 80lb bow. Like i said before this may have been anomaly but the bow was still able to crank down to 65. Hey nothing wrong with a bonus 5lbs i guess.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the review! Did you shoot it at Full let-off and feel that it was still short on DL? Did you happen to measure the actual DL to check?

I did not but I am going to today. I like my bow at full let off for hunting situations so that will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
But it could be if you have to back down the limbs and they are designed to be most efficient at max draw weight. A 60lb bow now becomes 65lb which some might not want or might be to much to handle and 55 might not be enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It’s an awesome bow. I have shot a PRIME for 5 straight years. I test shoot other brands each year and just can’t leave PRIME. I have a Logic on order. I loved the shorter ATA Defy year’s ago. I can’t wait for this one. I loved my Centergy Hybrid, but I feel like this takes everything excellent about that bow and makes it even better. A better fit for someone like me too.
There was a delay on launch and unfortunately the shops having models. I can say if you can be patient to wait and shoot one before making your decision for 2018 it’ll be a smart move. I love what some of the other manufacturers are doing, but I think PRIME across the board is nailing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sweet bow. Ill have to go shoot one

1 - 20 of 34 Posts