Archery Talk Forum banner

Primos Bow Hanger

3384 Views 27 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  McHuntin420
Anyone got one of these bow hangers? Suggestions? critics? I'm afraid to hang my Z7 on anything so I hold it in my lap. But boy, I'd much rather be hands free. I read some reviews. Some are saying cheap quality and one said his bow fell out of the tree. Any reviews?

Thanks.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s..._101296_175003000_175000000_175003000_175-3-0
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now see that's more like it. I dont like the idea of a single screw in the tree. There's just no gravitational support like that. I like what you have shown much better. Thanks for sharing!

· Registered
659 Posts
Now see that's more like it. I dont like the idea of a single screw in the tree. There's just no gravitational support like that. I like what you have shown much better. Thanks for sharing!
Been using the Primos holder for a while, and recommend the smaller one, which I believe is the six inch. The key is you have to thread it in until the square body is 1/4 inch into the tree. Mine is so solid I could almost hang on it. What I don't like about the above HME design is that the hook portion is open, you can easily bump your bow off that holder if you are not paying attention. The Primos has a full containment "J" style hook so unless you bump your bow up and out, it's not coming off.

· Registered
3,792 Posts
Been using the Primos holder for a while, and recommend the smaller one, which I believe is the six inch. The key is you have to thread it in until the square body is 1/4 inch into the tree. Mine is so solid I could almost hang on it. What I don't like about the above HME design is that the hook portion is open, you can easily bump your bow off that holder if you are not paying attention. The Primos has a full containment "J" style hook so unless you bump your bow up and out, it's not coming off.
I agree, the primos hanger will hold any bow plus extra weight and you don't have to worry about the bow falling off in high wind or by bumping it.

· Registered
659 Posts

· TEAM 45 "HEART STOPPERS"
846 Posts
The primos one is not made very well I was trying to screw it into a tree on my trip to Illinois last year and the whole threaded end twisted off of the holder so I would personally go with the E-Z hanger.

· Registered
10,056 Posts
I like the realtree one better myself. The Hook is a J and it is NO problem getting it started in any tree, and I've had this one in 100's of trees. Had a gorilla one and it almost had to have a pre drilled hole to get it in a tree, lol.

· Registered
353 Posts
You guys should try a U-Slide. Amercian Made and quality construction. Tapered self starting screw so you are not fighting to screw it into the tree and it wont fall like the others. Plus it cuts down on movement getting the bow in your hands and you will not have to swing it our of the way or duck underneath it. Ckeck it out at www.u-slide.com

· Registered
478 Posts
You guys should try a U-Slide. Amercian Made and quality construction. Tapered self starting screw so you are not fighting to screw it into the tree and it wont fall like the others. Plus it cuts down on movement getting the bow in your hands and you will not have to swing it our of the way or duck underneath it. Ckeck it out at www.u-slide.com
What are the dimensions of the U-Slide?

· Registered
149 Posts
I've used the primos for years, both the 3 section and 2 section, both work great...I had one clamped onto my stand like the u-slide and I bumped my bow off and down to the ground she went....I could hang from the primos, it aint goin anywhere.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like very mixed review. I guess I'll go with what works right. if I get up there in the tree and it doesnt feel secure I'll just take it back. Thanks for the links, shelby. I ran into bow jaws earlier today and it really does appear to be the strongest looking hanger. I might just play it safe and get a platform hanger and bolt it up that way. I just need something to hold my bow into position so I can go from bang to bullets in no time with little movement/noise in the tree.

· Registered
353 Posts
I've used the primos for years, both the 3 section and 2 section, both work great...I had one clamped onto my stand like the u-slide and I bumped my bow off and down to the ground she went....I could hang from the primos, it aint goin anywhere.
The u-slide screws into the tree next to your stand, it does not attach to your stand. Your bow is held by the U and the bow is between you and the holder so there is really no way for your bow to fall out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.