Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one yet? Likes Dislikes? Im thinking about getting one.

Ryan

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Is it the snort whezz call, or what, didn't know a buck roared.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I tried one of those babies out at wal-mart the other day, i was impressed with it. a nice grunt call for 15 bucks if its the one i think your talking about. I didn't buy it cause i allready have 3 of them but it seemed to sound realistic and you cant beat the price of it. If i lose mine i will be buying one

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
:eek3: You ever wonder how many other people tried that call out before you put your mouth to it and blew?!?:vom:

That's why I always wash mine a few times w/alcohol prior to using it (even if it came in a wrapper). You never know......Joe Bob or Buford "TJ" Hatfield may have been running the pkging machine and had a cold and sneezed or blew snot all over the calls before they went into the pkg. that you see on the shelf. :chortle: :chortle:

Hope you don't feel a little sick there Sweryap...:sick:

Just thinking about it makes me want to go clean up. :brushteet

To answer the original post, I've seen the new call, but haven't got to hear it yet.:rolleyes:

Greg

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
ashx2 said:
:eek3: You ever wonder how many other people tried that call out before you put your mouth to it and blew?!?:vom:

That's why I always wash mine a few times w/alcohol prior to using it (even if it came in a wrapper). You never know......Joe Bob or Buford "TJ" Hatfield may have been running the pkging machine and had a cold and sneezed or blew snot all over the calls before they went into the pkg. that you see on the shelf. :chortle: :chortle:

Hope you don't feel a little sick there Sweryap...:sick:

Just thinking about it makes me want to go clean up. :brushteet

To answer the original post, I've seen the new call, but haven't got to hear it yet.:rolleyes:

Greg
Haha spoken like my mom...i bet you never try on hats either. Germs dont live on hard surfaces for more than 24 hours so i'll take my chances...cant remember the last time i got sick? and unlike you, I know how it sounds

·
Registered
839 Posts
Its the newest call by primos.I will be getting one this weekend at cabelas.I've checked walmart and they don't have it for some reason.Cabelas has a price of 24.99 I think.I've watch the newest truth movie and they show it well in there.All it is,is aggressive grunt that is louder and longer then you can get on any other grunt call.I've heard this sound before come out of a buck that was very pissed off at another buck that wouldn't leave the area.I just thought then that the buck was sick or horse or something.I think gander mountain carries it to.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
I have one. I love it - it is perfect!

I also have the MAD Buck Growl. The Primos is the better of the two.

Primos is olive drab and black, will NOT shine in the sun like the arcylic MAD call. It is also all rubber - won't make any noise.

The snort wheeze is rediculously easy to use, and sounds AWESOME!

It also makes excellent traditonal grunts, therefore it is a 100 percent do it all call.

I am very excited about this call and can't wait to get into the woods with it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
NYBowhunter911 said:
I have one. I love it - it is perfect!

I also have the MAD Buck Growl. The Primos is the better of the two.

Primos is olive drab and black, will NOT shine in the sun like the arcylic MAD call. It is also all rubber - won't make any noise.

The snort wheeze is rediculously easy to use, and sounds AWESOME!

It also makes excellent traditonal grunts, therefore it is a 100 percent do it all call.

I am very excited about this call and can't wait to get into the woods with it!
DITTO "IT IS PERFECT" Cost $19.99 at cabelas compared to others its worth $40.00. I've seen a call of this quality before. I'VE GOT 2#. "FIRST CLASS!"
ko_32

·
Registered
872 Posts
NY Bowhunter911

You said everything that i was going to say, well put and right on the nose. Great call just bought one. the buck growl i seen used by the Drury Brothers is awsome (MAD CAlls) But i agree the Primos is what i bought. The Growl from what I understand is more than the snort wheeze it is the step the deer takes after the snort wheeze, the last and finial step before thing's get out of hand. Thanks JR

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I have one. The only down side I can see with it is that it is LOUD!!! Quite very obnoxiously LOUD! On a windy day it will be the bomb!!! On a quite day if you want to do a subtle contact grunt it will require some restraint and finesse. The upside....... it has absolutely the best tone quality of any call I have ever heard. I was playing with mine and it, like all the other calls I have used, has an adjustable reed. I put it down to the doe bleat and it was a nice pure sound. I hope that for 2007 they come out with one a size smaller designed to do the bleat. You can bet if they do I will have one of them to!

Marc

·
Registered
418 Posts
I also got both the primos and the Mad and the premos sounds great!!! As mentioned it is a loud call but the grunt really sounds good,,,,,,,to me anyway.

·
Banned
492 Posts
buck roar

Haven't found the Primos call yet but I did see the Drury's footage of discovering the new "buck vocalization" and development of the new call. I was TORE UP! Last Friday I found one, bought it, and rushed home. I excitedly ripped open the package and SQUEEEAL!! I almost fell through my axx. If you barely,BARELY blow this thing too hard it sounds like a mallard with emphazema. Maybe mine's just defective but it sounds nothing like the emotional growls on the video. I remember thinking "Man, THAT'S $25 I'll never get back."

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
Call MAD!

JLBSparks said:
Haven't found the Primos call yet but I did see the Drury's footage of discovering the new "buck vocalization" and development of the new call. I was TORE UP! Last Friday I found one, bought it, and rushed home. I excitedly ripped open the package and SQUEEEAL!! I almost fell through my axx. If you barely,BARELY blow this thing too hard it sounds like a mallard with emphazema. Maybe mine's just defective but it sounds nothing like the emotional growls on the video. I remember thinking "Man, THAT'S $25 I'll never get back."

They replaced a slate turkey call for me no charge!

So don't give up yet! Give them a chance!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I'll stay with my True Talker.....I've called in many with this call......makes better bleats then the Can.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I used mine for the first time this morn. , saw a buck on another ridge from where I was , made a few grunts and then a roar , growl, aggressive grunt, whatever you want to call it, that buck came in on a string. I was really impressed! I think this call is really gonna work great as the rut starts to turn on. The buck was about a 13 inch wide ten pointer, he came to within 20 yards, stopped, and looked for the source of the grunts for about 5 min, then slowly walked off. perty cool.

·
Registered
354 Posts
For eveyone whos had sucess with these things already, how has your buck to doe ratio been where you have found sucess with this call? Not sure weither i should get one or not becuase the first time i hunted a new farm i counted about 16-25 does walk past my stand and not a single buck, which makes me believe that my buck to doe ratio is out of whack. There has been some pretty big rubs found on this property though. What do you guys think. Should i use one on this farm?

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I tried mine out for the first time last week just before dark and 5 minutes later I had 3 does under my stand. Doesn't seem to phase them one bit.

·
Registered
23,628 Posts
Ok - here's the skinny on New York's Opener.

I was in my stand, when a bunch of does went by, towards their bedding area.

Then I notice they are running around in circles, but not acting alarmed......Hmmmmmm.......... then I hear it... GRUNT.....GRUNT.....GRUNT!

NO WAY! It's opening day, not the pre rut! Sure enough....through the Sidewinders I see a flash of bone! There is a buck nosing does! ROCK ON!!!! by now I am on my feet - excited as all get out!

I can't make out what he is, but I assume it is a young buck feeling out his "urges"....

Finally I see him, on the field edge, working a scrape! I REALLY don't call much this early in the season, but this year is different...I decide, Why not?

I reach for the Primos Buck Roar and watching through the binos, I let out a snort wheeze. He throws his head up in my direction like a rocket! The, like he is on a string, heads right to my tree! YES! I had some time to look at his rack more - good buck! He was not wide, and spindley, but his beams were real LONG! I make out at least nine points, not counting his broken, or lack of one brow tine. It is not uncommon for bucks around here to NOT have brows at all.

He started to circle around me, but diverted back up to the does. I grunt a few times, then "roar" at him. He looked again, but more importantly, didn't spook. Hmmm. Another snort wheeze brings him right in on a string. By now, I figure, this buck and I have history, and the freezer is empty, and those beams.....I decide he must die. Now the QDMA guys might jump on me, but hey....I like a good fight. :wink:

But even the best laid (instant) plans.......like he has read all of the hunting magazines, he circles behind me - DOWNWIND! I care not, as I am Scent Blockered up and sprayed down real good, but what worries me is the fact that the area behind me is real thick - we purposely hung the stand here because of that.

Did I mention that by now I am freezing, and shaking from that and the thought of all the pictures of me and my buck I am going to litter the forums with!

By now, he is at 25 yards and I get a good look at his body - I put him at 2.5 years......but he has still gotta die.(I know, I know....QDM.....:wink: ) Unfortunatley, he is behind a big wooly bush with no shot opportunities. not seeing what he was looking for, he turns and walked away. WHAT A SIGHT THOUGH! Reall good beams ( for a young buck!).

I am convinced that if I had a decoy, you would be looking at pics of him and me (with several stragicly placed products from Trophy Ridge, Vortex Optics, Rocket Aeroheads, and Mossy Oak! )

I sat another hour and packed it in - freezing cold (and getting "near leg cramps").

What a cool morning!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts