Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems alot of people are looking at ground blinds for up and coming bird season. I ended up going with the Primos ground max vision blind. I haven't written a review or anything as I have nothing really to compare it to but it seems to be well built and I can put it up in less than a minute. The bag it comes with is really nices and it has alot of room. Heres the pics.

· Registered
4,178 Posts
My son is looking for one to use for Turkey. I will have to show him this.

· Registered
495 Posts
Great info!! Looks like a winner. Thanks

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those windows have unlimited options on them. I have set it up about 10 times so far today and each time I play with them a different way. I just got done shooting out of it and the window height it perfect. I just need to open the mesh about 4 inches and I can shoot with ease out of them. I didn't even know it had a roof window either. Theres only enough room for one person to shoot out of at a time but it still is a nice feature. I plan on sealing all the seams on the inside though since I can see light through every hole where the stitching was. Not a big deal at all though. I'm pretty happy with it.

On another note. This blind might be bad luck... This just happened about 20 minutes ago.

Attachments

· Registered
740 Posts
What do you plan to seal the seams with?

· Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most sporting goods stores have some seam sealer glue stuff by their tents. Not sure exactly but it just waterproofs the seams. I'll do it on the inside though so it won't look crappy.

· Registered
162 Posts
I really like the Vision blinds but have bad luck with them. The first one that I owned I set up in a grass field where I had a big buck patterned. I set it up there on a Sunday so that the deer could used to it before my next hunt. Well a few days later it blew away in 50mph freak winds while I was out of town. My tip to you is to always tie it down to the nearest tree.....and always watch the week forecast.:wink:

I never did find it so I bought another one just a few weekends ago for turkey season. I set it up and practiced shooting through it a few times and then took it back down. When I put it in the bag and zipped it up, the zipper zipped completely off..... but luckily I have the bag from the blown away blind :)

I still recommend this blind to anyone...:thumbs_up

· Registered
390 Posts
Most sporting goods stores have some seam sealer glue stuff by their tents. Not sure exactly but it just waterproofs the seams. I'll do it on the inside though so it won't look crappy.
No need to seal....they are rubberized seams. I bought some sealer and started to seal it, then realized that it didn't need it. I have sat in it in a downpour and had a random drop about every 5 minutes or so. This blind is worth every penny. I picked it up for $149 at Cabelas. They price matched Gander Mtn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.