Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't hear much talk about the stl...what's the boards opion on this bow for hunting?

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,099 Posts
I have not got to shoot one of those Left handed so I don't get to shoot before buying. They look like a nice hunting bow though to be sure. It is a little longer axel to axel than I am usually shooting. I like the smaller bows overall. Nothing past 35 inches axel to axel for me. It should be a nice stable and very accurate with its size. I have me a new PSE Triton on the way. If I can sell my right handed Epic Xtreme I am going to get my wife one to match it. That will make an entire PSE family here. My son is shooting a Spyder. I am sure the Primos is an A1 Plus hunting bow. I would also like to hear from those shooting them. Chime in there guys. Surely someone out there isn't shooting a Hoyt or Mathews.:p

·
Registered
287 Posts
The stl is a very nice shooting bow. I have had mine for about 4 months. The bow is smooth, acurate, and has very little hand shock. shooting a 378grain arrow (cf 300) with a 28in. draw, I'm getting around 256fps @ 66lbs. I shot a number of fixed blade broadheads through it and they all flew like darts. shooting a wiskerbiscuit rest. My humble opinion its the best bow PSE has to offer.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have had an STL since Febuary and love it. Very forgiving bow, very smooth, and very quiet. I think it will be great for hunting. I am getting 260 fps shooting CF 300's at 68 lbs and 27" draw. With a Trophy Taker rest on it, my broadheads are flying like darts and hitting exactly with my field points at 30 yds. I'll second the opinion that is the best from PSE this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts