Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a Truth Cam 35 IR looks to be a good cam looked on trail cam pro but I would like some real world user thoughts. Give me pros cons etc. Post some pics from yours if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Decent cam...Some motion blur. One problem i have with them is the sensor. I have a one primos ir 46 and 4 reconyx currently running on one farm and all cams are set on 3 pic bursts. The reconyx will all have 500-1000 pics per week and the Primos will have 100-150.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got a good deal on the blackouts last year and love them. Around here Wal Mart is selling the 46's for $99. Know a good friend that has them and he loves them, sent back his cuddieback. He has several Primos models and no complaints from any. I wanted something smaller but the price I got the blackouts for I couldn't say no, glad I didn't.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Decent cam...Some motion blur. One problem i have with them is the sensor. I have a one primos ir 46 and 4 reconyx currently running on one farm and all cams are set on 3 pic bursts. The reconyx will all have 500-1000 pics per week and the Primos will have 100-150.
Yah but the Reconyx should deliver the pictures to you for that $ :wink:

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm going to get my first Truth Cam 35 from the field today, its been out for awhile so I'll update you later this evening.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Yah but the Reconyx should deliver the pictures to you for that $ :wink:
Yah but whats the point of running cams if you only get to see 1/10th of the activity?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have 2 of them. Had 3 of them. One got taken. Love the cams. Last cam pull, 1500pics. I am not missing any deer with this camera. Any type of movement it picks up. Birds, squirrels. Rarely get pics of deer butts without getting pics of the head. Battery life is great on two of the cams. Sending one of the cams back. Battery life is horrible. Just a really great camera for $99. I will be owning a few more of them this season.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
Yah but whats the point of running cams if you only get to see 1/10th of the activity?
Because there a 10th of the price...Mid 1 sec trigger time is fine with me..Considering you can get Truth 35 cams for 60$ shipped new..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just pulled my cams today. Ran a Truth Cam on 1 of my sights and I have to say for the price, gonna be tough to beat. Picture quality isn't great but I had quite a few pictures and they got the job done for me. I guess its just all in what you want in a camera. For me, I just like to use them to identify if there are any deer I haven't seen, and these do a fine job of that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great battery life. Poor reach with the flash. I only use the 35 over mineral licks. Will get the Primos 60 next.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have 2 Primos truth cam 46's and love them. I have gotten good battery life and good pictures with them. I dont think they can be beat for the price. Also, I have not had to use then (knock on wood) but I have heard Primos customer service is absolutely fantastic.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Primos has discontinued the TC46 and TC60. They are keeping the TC35 for 2012. They are coming out with a new line of cameras called the Truth Cam Ultra and they are tiny little suckers that run off AA batteries. The new offerings will be the TC35 Ultra, TC46 Ultra and Truth Cam Ultra Black Out. The new 35 and 46 have a camo film over the IR array to help hide it. I believe these new cameras are going to give a lot of competition to the other manufacturers this year. I believe they should be available sometime in May or June. I have opened up a couple slots in my line up and will definitely be trying these new cams out. I will also have them in stock as soon as they become available.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I have 2 Truth Cam 35's. Awesome. No clunk. I constantly get deer sticking their nose on the camera. I has 1700 plus pics on one camera this weekend in 7 days time. Have not changed my batteries in 4 months.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
not too bad for the price but i feel like they miss some pics and the night time pics are not as clear as i would like.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts