Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Already Have A Post On The Asa Web Site About This But I Would To Get Some Feedback About It On This Site Also. The Idea Was Brought Up About Two Or Three Years Ago But Was Never Followed Up On Very Well I Myself Would Like To See This Happen And I Talked To Four People In My Area Today Three Of Which Really Liked The Idea The Other One Would Shoot The Class If They Are Able To Next Year. But Lets Face It In 3-d Archery We Have A Pro-class For Scope, Fingers, Seniors And Women But Not For The Guys That Want Or Need To Compete At Another Level But Still Want To Shoot Fixed Pins. In All The Open Classes They Make You Advance Up As You Win And Reach A Certian Level In The Class You Are In But In The Fixed Pin Classes The Highest They Can Make You Move Is Unlimited And There Are Some Shooters There That Have Shot Great For A Long Time And The Guys That Have To Move Up To That Class From Novice And Hunter Sometimes Can Get Discourged If They Are Not Competeing With Them And Give Up. But This Class Would Offer A Good Chance For Some Archers To Compete At A Higher Level And Still Shoot The Equipment They Want To Shoot. I'm Not Trying To Make Anyone Mad I Would Just Like To Get Some Honest Feedback.
Thank You Very Much

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I seriously doubt there would be enough interest in a Pro class. ASA already has an Unlimited class for both men & women with increased distance.

Last year several women wanted an unlimited pin class in ASA and ASA obliged with the request. This year there has only been an average of 3-4 women unlimited shooters at all ASA shoots. Hardly worth the trouble to create a new class and very few enter.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I think that there are too many Pro classes in ASA now. And they could do with one less. I also reconmended such to ASA too.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
I also posted the same question on their site with the response that there is not enough interest. But that is a bunch of bull. If you look at the pro class numbers for Limited and Women they are about the same as the Unlimited class. IMO the reason you won't see a Pro Pins class is because it will lure too many shooters out of other classes. There is no other logical answer if you compare the numbers.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
i would like to see it. i think it can draw more shooter to the pro class and draw more to the lower classes as the better shooter move on. i think more people would start showing up at the shoots ASA or IBO if they think they can compete other people in the same class. thats why i think the shoot numbers are down becouse the same people keep winning and never move up in the pin class. i think if you open a nother pin class it will bring more people out to shoot.

just my to cents but i think it is worth every penny. :smile:

madarcher

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
After this year in ASA. ALL shooters that have made more than $5000 in a career, no matter what class they currently shoot in. Will be moving up to semi-pro or higher.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
not if there isnt a simi pro or pro class to go to. your top in shooters are going to win all the time so make a class just for them so some of the lower in shooters can have a chance.

·
Banned
1,010 Posts
we have been pushing for thius for years, it will never happen, i now a ton of guys who have quit the sport because of it, i know another who will be competing in the semi pro class next year with his pins, it will never happen expecially not in the IBO id say you have a shot in the asa though

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If a shooter has made more than $5000 in a career in ASA. They will be moving up to semi-pro or higher. It doesn't matter what class they currently shoot in. So that means if a unlimited, senior, super senior, womens open, ect. has made more than $5000 they are moving up to semi-pro or higher.

Women can shoot in the semi-pro class. And you can shoot pins in the open pro class. Both have been done before.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have beat this subject to death here in my area. nothing is preventing some one that has pins on his bow from shooting in the pro class. a pro class is a shoot what you bring class. if there is some one that beleives that he is good enough to complete in the pro class with his pins(and there is people out there) i say have at it. i have seen in my area that they are making a "pro class" for pin shooters but not allowing the scope guys to shoot. if any one is experiencing this in your area please let me know your feeling on it.

thanks,

·
Registered
877 Posts
There are definately guys out there that have the talent to shoot in a pro class with pins. I don't see why it doesn't happen if there is enough interest. I think guys like Dennis are perfect candidates for this type of class, what do you think Dave?

·
Registered
433 Posts
i agree that him and guys like him are definately talented enough to be in a pro class. what i'm saying is if you start separating them you have 2 classes with 2 or 3 guys each instead of one class with guys that are equally talented with more of an incentive to shoot the pro class. $$$

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Guys This Is Not My Intension I Am Talking About The National Level Shoots It Is Not The Intension Of This To Start Puting Everyone In One Class If I Had Thought That I Would Have Never Started This Thread I Would See A Pro Class For Only Pin Shooters Anyone Who Wants Can Sign Up In The Pro Male Release Class But They Don't I Have Yet To Se A Person Shoot That Class With A Set Of Pins.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
I Agree With You Bubba

i think there should be a pro class for pins i just dont think it is far for you to have to move up to pro class and shoot with the scope shooters

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
do you guys hear that loud banging sound????

it's someone beating a dead horse.....................

this topic has been discussed forever and a day and the powers that be have said numerous times it aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
is it the beating of a dead horse or the beating of your back side that you are afraid you will get by a pin shooter. i say just give it a try for one year if it doesnt work out send it on its way. nobody knows till it is given a shot.

just my 2 cents and worth every penny

madarcher

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
All that i have to say is they have pro fingers. I would guarentee you we could get more guys to participate in pro pins then there are in pro fingers.

·
Banned
921 Posts
I belive that there certainly would be alot of participation in the class. I have a friend that shoots fixed pins and is a Pro level shooter because no matter what shoot he attends his scores are very high and he always shoots from the back stake. ASA could charge them the same entry fees as the Pro's and create a whole new division with a payout that was more substancial then what the Unlimited class offers. Not to mention that shooting a scope is not all that and a bag of chips anyway. It cost the regular guy any where from $300-$500 more for a scope set up then a fixed pin set up and that alone would attract shooters to the class.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts