Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pro Comp XLsetup for ASA Hunter class, the setup is shooting very well but I am having a hard time with a stabalizer selection. Anyone else shooting this setup for Hunter and what are you running stabalizer wise? I am looking for something to improve the hold and am currently shooting a standard B Stinger with 11oz. I am considering a Doinker Tacticial or the SS1 but no way to try before I buy. Any help or other recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the hold is the issue?
The pins just has a fairly rapid movement both up and down and side to side, usually in the spot but real stable at all. Just looking for something to maybe help slow it down some and allow more of a stable hold.

·
Registered
855 Posts
side bar on the lower stab mount will help a lot

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
A few things to try, you can bump the weight up on your stab. In experimenting with different hunter setups I use a 17oz B-stinger weight and that makes a big difference, even over an 11oz. The other is a little more involved but, you can have a new set of cables built with a higher strand count to bump the holding weight up. I am using 32st of Trophy on my Dominator to give me a holding weight of 18.5# on a 60# draw. Lastly, have you shot it a it the way it is? While the sight picture may not be what you are used to, that is generally the description of the way my bow holds. When you have those rapid movements that continue to move through the X, it increases your chances of hitting that X. You have a rapid movement of the pin but, it is crossing over that X more times than a slower sight pattern. Anywho, a few things to try, none of them are a for sure "fix" but, gives you a few tools. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few things to try, you can bump the weight up on your stab. In experimenting with different hunter setups I use a 17oz B-stinger weight and that makes a big difference, even over an 11oz. The other is a little more involved but, you can have a new set of cables built with a higher strand count to bump the holding weight up. I am using 32st of Trophy on my Dominator to give me a holding weight of 18.5# on a 60# draw. Lastly, have you shot it a it the way it is? While the sight picture may not be what you are used to, that is generally the description of the way my bow holds. When you have those rapid movements that continue to move through the X, it increases your chances of hitting that X. You have a rapid movement of the pin but, it is crossing over that X more times than a slower sight pattern. Anywho, a few things to try, none of them are a for sure "fix" but, gives you a few tools. :)
Great, thanks for the input. I will try more weight in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Bee Stinger extreme set up , a buddy of mine has that exact same bow with the set up and loves it. This is what it looks like on my bow. image.jpg

·
Registered
538 Posts
ur aloud a side bar but he cant use the lower back mount on the pro comp elite . It has to be same point attachment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts