Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I want to know what you think about this. I am shooting a Pro Elite, XT 2000, 29" Sprial cam. I am about to order a new bow it will have XT 3000, 29" Sprial Cam, and this will be a 3-D only bow. Would you get in a Pro Elite or a Ultra Elite???

·
Registered
53 Posts
For 3D only I'd pick the ultraelite. Why? Speed. Those two bow are about the same with the exception of riser geometry. IMO you'll find the "yardage estimating" edge of speed more valuable to you than the "shot repeating" edge of riser design.

Just my $.02

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
Get the ProElite dude!!!! Since you are getting Spiral Cams you won't have any problem getting the speed out of it.

Also are you going to shoot mainly IBO or ASA tourneys??? If shooting ASA then you are limited to 280fps anyways the the ProElite won't have ANY problem getting that for you.

But if you are shooting IBO you might possible lean towards the UltraElite since you will get slightly more speed. But the speed won't be very significant.

I just think the geometry of the ProElite will be a the better shooter of the bunch, while still delivering plenty of speed to compete...:) :)

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
GregH said:
IMO you'll find the "yardage estimating" edge of speed more valuable to you than the "shot repeating" edge of riser design.

Just my $.02
Yeah say that when you are trying to hit 12 rings out to 40 yards...

·
Registered
53 Posts
BillyRay said:
Yeah say that when you are trying to hit 12 rings out to 40 yards...
I'm not out to disagree, BUT I'm going to assume (and you know what you do when you assume) that a guy who is going to spend close to $900 for a bare bow can hit the 12 ring at 40 yards.

Here's my point If you can hit the 12 at 40, you can hit it at 45 or even 50. All you have to do is put 1 arrow there and move to the next target. You shoot 30 arrows on a course which takes 1½-2 hours. Plenty of rest between shots. Very small advantage with a low speed gain and a very small advantage with riser design. I think the better choice is speed.

What if your target isn't 40 yards, but it's actually 41 or 42. I'm guessing you just got a 10 and I'm still 2 points ahead.....

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
GregH said:
I'm not out to disagree, BUT I'm going to assume (and you know what you do when you assume) that a guy who is going to spend close to $900 for a bare bow can hit the 12 ring at 40 yards.
Dude that is a BAD case to assume....trust me that VAST majority of people that spend that kind of money on archery equipment have troubles hitting the 12 ring consistently from less than 29 yards!!! :( :(

GregH said:
Here's my point If you can hit the 12 at 40, you can hit it at 45 or even 50. All you have to do is put 1 arrow there and move to the next target. You shoot 30 arrows on a course which takes 1½-2 hours. Plenty of rest between shots. Very small advantage with a low speed gain and a very small advantage with riser design. I think the better choice is speed.

What if your target isn't 40 yards, but it's actually 41 or 42. I'm guessing you just got a 10 and I'm still 2 points ahead.....
Ya know speed isn't everything!!!! I have an UltraTec with the XT2000 limbs, and sure it is faster than the same bow with XT3000's, but NO DOUBT I could shoot better scores with the slower 3000 limbs!!!! Simply because the amount of speed you gain from the shorter limbs isn't enough to overcome the extra criticalness the shorter limbs have made my bow over the 3000's.

Lke I said speed isn't everything!!!! And when you are talking about the difference between the UltraElite and ProElite it's probably no more than 10fps. And besides if the guy shooting ASA it's a moot point anyways since he is limited to only 280fps anyways!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
A lot of the Hoyt pros went with ProElite last year. They shot Spiral cams and seemed to have no trouble getting speed out of the bow. I would imagine the extra 1 1/4" of brace height has something to do with their choice as well. If it was me, I'd give up the 10 fps and get the ProElite.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been shooting 3-D for about 9 years so I am not new to all this. The Pro Elite, Xt2000, 29" sprial, that I shoot now is about 285 FPS with a 375 grain Pro X-Cutter on 68 pounds. I will be able to get 280+ with the Pro Elite with the 3000 limbs. I have never shot a Ultra and just wanted to know if any of you guys have shot both bows and how do they compare??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.