Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been playing with a few bows trying to see if I want to leave what I have been shooting, to see if anything truly better exist. A few models I have traded for and others were loaners from friends.

Then yesterday it was the Pro-Elites turn. Set it up and got it tuned . I was feeling a little under the weather but was anxious to get a game through it. First time out nailed a 300 – 56x… Now I start to get REAL excited when I get 55x’s and over and considering it was my first time out I was pretty darn happy. But then again it’s not the only bow I have ever done that with.

So as it rained all day today I wanted to get out of the house. Still under the weather but what the heck. Went to the range and thought I would just shoot a quick ½ a game. After the ½ I was down 1-x… Being intrigued If I could tie my best score ever I just had to finish the game. When it was all said and done I had a 58 x game on my hands and I VERY RARELY do something like that . So I went for another 20 arrows and did not miss

Me ?? Shooting around 150 or so arrows over 48 hours and only missing 6 xs is well... a LOT unusual. And I did not very many liners either. Almost felt like a pro :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

The thing just wants to sit there and every missed X I NEW was going to miss. Really quite unusual:thumbs_up

So does anybody NOT like this bow?? I can never recall anybody who spoke bad about the Elite models from Hoyt Anybody hunting with the Elite (ultra or Pro) models

·
Registered
859 Posts
05 model

I have an 05 Proelite with 3000's with a winners choice string, and I like it a lot. I did like the ultratecs better with the 3000's though. I had the lighter 2003 model ultratec. Maybe a little bit of a balance/feel thing. I absolutely loved that ultratec, which I sold earlier this year !^#&^%#&^*!!! Not a sly move on my part. I dont move as much with the proelite as I did with the ultratec, but I could shoot the same or slightly better with the ultratec. My 2 1/2 year old daughter has a lot of medical issues and there were times that I shot a league score after going 2 or 3 nights without more than a couple hours sleep and still managed to stay in the low-mid 50's for x's with both a pin and scope. Is yours an 06? Taz told me I would like the 06 better, so I might exercise that option and trade up for it on here, or sell another bow for it. I'll tell you one thing for sure though, I can't say enough about winners choice. It was definitely worth the extra money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts