Archery Talk Forum banner

Pro Elite vs Ultra Elite?

697 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  fstgstdsmpay
Which one should I get. 60lb 28.5 dl are my specs. Mainly indoor and some 3-d also. Give me some info.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
If your more serious about indoor spots than 3D, I'd say the Pro with 3000 limbs. ( Just got mine last week, its a shooter, you can perform surgery at 20 yards ) I have the same DL and shoot around 55 lbs with cam.5+ cams, and IMO it has enough juice for recreational 3D shooting, I haven't chronoed it, but with a 350 grain arrow, its doesn't feel slow.

If, instead, your looking for an all-purpose bow, or if you think your focus might change in the future, I'd go with the Ultra for the little extra speed.

· Registered
1,500 Posts
I battled with the same thoughts. Shot both alot and here are my findings. The pro points and balances better for me than the ultra. I found the ultra to have more shock and when you shoot alot indoors that shock can take its toll on group sizes. For me they are both 300 bows but the pro delivers tighter groups. It's funny but for some reason my pro gets alot of dead ctr X shots that I felt would be slighty off when I released where the ultra dosen't.If you r mainly indoors with occasional 3d I would choose the pro. If you are 50/50 then the ultra may be the choice. If you are mainly 3D with light indoor then consider something else all togther. i have shot my pro in field and 3d and she is definatley quick enough. The pro may also be more in demand for resale. If you want a real 3D speed machine the pro or the ultra are the wrong bows anyway.
Good luck they are great bows!

· Banned
3,222 Posts
a Pro for indoor and an Ultra for 3D.....where ever you want to emphasize. An Ultra with longer 3000 limbs and a Pro with the shorter 2000 limbs are nearly identical in terms of FPS and brace height.The 3000 Ultra will give you better string angle/peep alignment

You will be hard pressed to get 3d competitive speeds with a Pro w/t the longer 3000 limbs with a < 30" draw unless you want to pull 70#.

· Registered
2,155 Posts
I think the ultraelite is the better bow its faster and just as accurate, my ultraelite with 3000limbs and c2 cam shoots the same speed and my apex7 60 lbs 28.5 draw 320gr fatboy 284. I hunt with a ultraelite with 2000 limbs and the cam 1\2 best hunting I have ever owned.

· Registered
2,738 Posts
You'll get a little more speed out of the Ultra Elite.

I owned one, and loved it.
The Pro seemed to be a bit smoother tho, and I would have preferred to shoot one of those indoor.

Id say a good rig for you would be a Pro Elite, xt2000 limbs.
So you can have the best of both worlds, The Smoothness, and the shorter limbs for some speed

· Registered
2,004 Posts
Id say a good rig for you would be a Pro Elite, xt2000 limbs.
So you can have the best of both worlds, The Smoothness, and the shorter limbs for some speed
I agree completely the ProElite w/ XT 2000 limbs and C-2 cams will give a solid wall with plenty of speed for 3-D but be also a nice forgiving, X driving platform for indoor spots.

Rick

· Registered
2,592 Posts
I own 3 Ultra Elites and I love them all, All 3 with 2000 limbs one with spirals for 3D, one with spirals for Spots/3D, and one with cam.5 for hunting. THere all amazing bows, all shooters for sure, fast, smooth and accurate.

But with that being said I am considering picking up a Pro Elite with 3000's and spirals for just spot shooting. Just to see if it would make that much of a difference. I had 3000 on one my my Ultra elites but was more comfortable with how the 2000's held for me on my Ultra.

Either way your going to be more than happy with either set-up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.