Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., fella's!....Those of You that have shot both bows, better yet even owned both bows, PLEASE tell me how You would compare the two?....I've owned 2 Pro Elites, Both with XT-3000 limbs, and I owned a Vantage Pro, but got mad at the bow, and sold it...FDL LOVES His Vantage Elite's, and I'm considering getting another Vantage , either the Pro, or the Elite, maybe even try to find a good deal on a Vantage X-8...Just because the X-8 can be had cheaper, and I like the side plate grip option....This will be a 3-D bow only, Bowhunting isnt much of a possibility, (I'd likely use one of my Trad bows to hunt with anyway)....Spots are out for Me,..... #1, I'm on 2nd shift for good, it seems, and #2, Spot League causes me to get a bad case of the "Stank"...I had even kicked around getting another Ultra Elite, and putting XT-3000 limbs on it...Has anyone shot the Contender/Contender Elite, with XT-3000 limbs??....This Contender riser seems to be a 50/50 split in reflex/deflex angles between the Pro Elite and the Ultra Elite....The bridge/truss design on the riser where the limb pockets mount is fugly, as are the extended limb pockets, but, then again, the PSE Moneymaker is as fugly as a bow can be, and it shoots great!....L.O.L....FDL, Dragonheart, AKRuss??.....etc..etc....Anyone?......Thanks in advance...........Take care!......Jim

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
For the Funds

For the money in a 3-D bow, I would give the Vantage 8 a try. I have not shot one, but I hear good things from the barebow/bowhunter shooters down in Oz. Vantage elite I believe going to be so similiar to a vantage pro.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well first a X8 and a Vantage pro are the same bow. I have one of each and they shoot the same. I shoot a Vantage Pro this year, I may like it better than my VE. I like the flex in the riser. If you want a X8 I have one in camo. Right now it doesn't have any cams on it. I do have a set of Spirals for it.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well first a X8 and a Vantage pro are the same bow. I have one of each and they shoot the same. I shoot a Vantage Pro this year, I may like it better than my VE. I like the flex in the riser. If you want a X8 I have one in camo. Right now it doesn't have any cams on it. I do have a set of Spirals for it.
.........Dave!....Extremely interested in that X-8....I'll P.M. You....I'll try to give 'Ya a call this evening, or something.....So You like the Vantage Pro better than the Vantage Elite?.....Having owned UltraTecs, and ProTecs, I will say that I prefer the stiffer "Feel" of the Ultra Elite, and Pro Elite risers....I talked to Greg at Ricks last Saturday, He was shooting Blackhoof's 3-D shoot.....How did You do down South?.....I'll holler at 'Ya......Take care......Jim

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hey Jim , partialy off on my answer because my ownership comparison is with Ultra Elites vs Vantage X8s vs Vantage Elites and the wife is shooting a Contender switching over from an Ultratec

OK there is my ownership history and here are my views on your initial question , Really liked my Ultra Elites , Love my Vantage risered bows , my Vantage Elite shot very very well but so do my X8s so I dumped the VE and stuck with my X8s , like you I like the side plates that my VE didnt have , I love the smoothness of the Vantage line up compared to the Ultra or Pro line up , better speeds and aim better for me , with that said the feed back on the shot as to what the operator did right or wrong is better with the Pro and Ultra bows

The wife is shooting amazing with her Contender , her being a lefty and 3"s to short on DL have kept me from getting a feel for this bow , but her scores JUMPED right out of the box with this bow , it seems to be more vibration free than her Ultratec and tunes - shoots easier / better , and yet she still gets the plus of the bow giving some feed back on her shot

All bows mentioned by everyone so far are incredible shooting machines , couldnt go wrong with any of them , but I would say right now best bang for the buck is deffinately gonna be an X8 , very good bows and they are going for cheap right now compared to some of the others

Hope some of those thoughts help , Good Luck in your quest , Dan

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts, fella's.......My Pro Elite with XT-3000 limbs is hands down the most forgiving bow that I've ever owned, including the Vantage Pro, and both of my Moneymakers, and both of my Conquest Apex's....The Conquest Apex is the most solid holding bows that I've owned, once the draw length is correct, those bows just seem to lock onto target...I love the grip on the Apex's, and the Moneymakers, probably more so than the Hoyt's, at least the newer integral machined grips....The side plate grips from Hoyt seem much better to Me...My Pro Elite is an '05, it has the little half side plates on it, probably the best of both designs, for Me....I'm getting the Vantage X-8 from FDL, (Thanks Dave!), and I'll set it up with Cam 1/2 Plus cams, or maybe C-2's.....This time I'll keep my Pro Elite, so I can do a side by side comparison........Thanks again, fella's.....Take Care.......Jim

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Protec custom

I am waiting on cables to build my protec field bow. I am going for 03' protec handle, C2 cams, LX Pro limbs. Another finger shooter out west built a bow like this and said it was a smooth shooter. I like the looks of the C2 cams.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am waiting on cables to build my protec field bow. I am going for 03' protec handle, C2 cams, LX Pro limbs. Another finger shooter out west built a bow like this and said it was a smooth shooter. I like the looks of the C2 cams.
.......Jeff, that bow Your building sounds like a smooth, forgiving shooter for sure...I've shot C-2 cams on my Pro Elite, and an '07 Ultra Elite...I think that the C-2 is the best cam for a conventional limb bow that Hoyt has ever made....The ONLY Hoyt cam that I like better is the Z-3.....The C-2 draws a good bit smoother, has a tad bit more valley, and is a bit more forgiving than a Spiral, while still having a hard back wall, darn near as hard as the Spiral, in fact, ..and only giving up 5-6 f.p.s. in speed to the Spirals....The Z-3 is the "Uber-Cam", DDshooter and I have discussed this cam many times...I've owned 3 bows with Z-3 cams, and I'm still amazed at the speed this cam makes for it's smooth draw cycle,, If under-rotated a bit, and set to the 65% let-off peg, I swear that it's almost as smooth as an Energy wheel...Definitely feels close to a "Soft Cam".. tunes so easy, has a a decent valley, and seems forgiving of Finger mistakes...It seems that 'ol, DDshooter has figured out how to set these Z-3's up on a conventional limbed bow, as opposed to a Parallel limb bow.....I'm gonna have to beg some info on this from Him!...LO.L...Take care,. Jeff!...........Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts