Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Pro elite put a Trophy Taker micro adjust 2 hole rest I have 5in feathers with a helicial and the feather rubs up against the cable . Should I worrie it's not much but will this effect my accuracy ?? Thanks..

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Joe, Hoyt offers a chromed cable guard bar that is angled. It replaces the stock carbon bar and allows you to turn it for clearance issues. They run about $20 bucks and can be installed in 2 minutes. Here is a picture of mine on an Ultra Elite.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,964 Posts
??? I have a ProElite and don't have a problem with the tallish Blazer vanes and have the straight guide rod. Your center correct?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I had the same problem. Talked to the Hoyt rep and he said to get an offset cable guard as is mentioned in a previous post. Works great.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Fat shafts will cause this. Another alternative to the offset cable guard is the Saunders Hyper Glide or any aftermarket cable guard. These pull the cables closer to the guard. You will have to retime and adjust the A-A because of this. You would have to do it with the offset bar also. I use the Saunders hyper glide and it works just fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the offset rod and yes it's fat shafts 27 dia and a heavy helical so I will have to get to the shop and get one Thanks so much...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wow you really have come over to the HOYT side. Maybe now I could shoot by you and get some help with those little yellow circles. :mg:

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know why I went away from hoyt because of a certain shop owner who is no longer a friend to anyone.. But I am glad to be back shooting them I am never leaving again... For me to help ya you gotta come to the club ...Talk to ya later...Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts