Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my Pro Force and finished setting it up today. Gonna get to the range tomorrow and see how we do on some indoor spots. Gotta decide if it or the Prevail will be going to Vegas this year.

Photo coming

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Looks great, nice choice on color!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I'm kinda stuck on this color this year - Pro Defiant, Prevail, and now the Force.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I know it’s your indoor setup but any chance you could run it through a chrono? I have one on order but I’m not sure about it because Hoyt no longer has a smaller cam for short draw shooters and at 27” draw I’ll be way at the bottom end of the cam. If they aren’t getting good speeds at my draw I’ll just stick with my prevail. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem, I'm curious too, I have the prevail and force setup with same DL and at 56lbs and based in the few arrows I shot so far it seems slower.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's Hoyts buckskin.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Custom order for the Prevail and Pro Force. I believe it's a standard for hunting bows.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
No problem, I'm curious too, I have the prevail and force setup with same DL and at 56lbs and based in the few arrows I shot so far it seems slower.
Cool thanks. I’m getting 293 out of my prevail 37 with it set at : 27 1/4” draw, 63 lbs, and a 315 grain arrow. A few feet less is no biggy but anything more than 6-7 wouldn’t be worth it for me and I’d prob get a prevail fx instead.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chrono results in.
Prevail & Pro Force both, 29" DL, 56 lbs. prevail SVX cams, Pro Force 85% mods. Arrow PS26, 29" L, 3" feathers, 480g

Absolutely no difference in arrow speed, both 246-248 ft/sec based on 12 shots each.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I know it’s personal preference but what would your review be comparing all 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Chrono results in.
Prevail & Pro Force both, 29" DL, 56 lbs. prevail SVX cams, Pro Force 85% mods. Arrow PS26, 29" L, 3" feathers, 480g

Absolutely no difference in arrow speed, both 246-248 ft/sec based on 12 shots each.
Ok thank you. At 29” your towards the front end of the cam but it should be close enough that it won’t matter.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need some time with the Pro Force to provide any quantitative impressions and it is only my opinion. That said, a few quick thoughts based on limited time. Pro Defiant is a great shooting hunting bow, but I needed to replace the fat wooden grip with a narrow after market grip to be consistent with it. Of course it's a shorter ATA and feels it compared to the two target bows. And I only shoot it for hunting. The Force really does feel a lot like the longer 40" prevail to me so the cam technology must be effective. I have the same stab weights on the target bows but on the Force the back bar is 15" and off the front mount and on the Prevail it's a 12" bar off the lower rear mount. In these configurations they feel very similar. The string stop on the Force appears to make it a little quieter in your hand. Or course the cams and draw cycles are way different. I didn't find a feel with the rear bar in the rear lower mount of the Force that I liked. I think I'm going to stick with the more aggressive Prevail for the 2 arrow 3-D shoots like Redding which we do a lot of in CA, I like that aggressive feel to keep me in the shot and pulling through. But I can get a little tired if I'm shooting a lot of arrows. Therefore, I might like the higher let off, less aggressive cams of the Force for field and/or 900's where we shoot more arrows. I'm undecided on indoor. My float is a little better with the high let-off Force so far but again, I like the SVX cams to keep me strong in the shot.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I’m the same way with the way the svx cams keep you honest in the shot. The pro force should have come with a set of 75% let off pegs also. I also have a defiant 34 and that thing drives fixed blade broadheads in 4” groups at 60 all day long if I do my part.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, mine came with 85% let-offs and I bought a set of 89's so ill double back and ask about 75's. I agree on the defiant, once I changed the grip and found the right arrow/spine combo.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Correction, I bought 80% mods, not 89's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts