Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m shooting the pro max on my Easton SuperDrive 23 and like them a lot. So I ordered some more. Question is if I use em on my hunting bow will they steer a fixed blade bh good in a 3 fletch or should I go with a 4 fletch or the larger hunter max?

Don’t wanna I hate this is that vane or I shouldn’t use em. I’ve got em and Finn test em out.

And I would fletch up some hunting arrows to test BUT I don’t have any right now. I lengthened my dl and had to go to with longer arrow so I haven’t figured out what arrow I want yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,185 Posts
Depends on what fixed blade. Those with smaller profile (Muzzy Trocars, Shuttle T-Locks, QAD Exodus, Ramcats) I could get them to steer just fine. Larger broadheads I struggled with... until I ran four fletch with Pro Max, and that helped a good bit.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what fixed blade. Those with smaller profile (Muzzy Trocars, Shuttle T-Locks, QAD Exodus, Ramcats) I could get them to steer just fine. Larger broadheads I struggled with... until I ran four fletch with Pro Max, and that helped a good bit.
I shoot mostly magnus but am flirting with the idea of iron will if I can get over 100 for 3 bh. I may 4 fletch just cause all the cool kids are doing it. Never know may be fun!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I shoot mostly magnus but am flirting with the idea of iron will if I can get over 100 for 3 bh. I may 4 fletch just cause all the cool kids are doing it. Never know may be fun!

I've been hearing Iron Will name thrown around quite a bit lately. May have to try them out one of these days too. I think you ought to just experiment with the fletching and try both 3 and 4...see what happens, it just may be fun!

One thing I'm looking forward to when I eventually get a jig is experimenting with different vanes and stuff.

People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Hunter of many things
12,154 Posts
I have some pro max also, nice vane but in the end I decided against them for hunting and fixed blades. Went with the ep-26 or max stealth size.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I love the ProMax for a 23 series target arrow and smaller. Some people are running them 4 fletch with mechanicals or really small fixed blades.

For hunting, or larger diameter target arrows, I absolutely love the Max Stealth. I’ve actually seen some people 4 fletch those for large fixed blade heads. They’re a great great vane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts