Archery Talk Forum banner

pro shop vs AT

392 5
Like most people i cant blow thousands of dollars each time i want new stuff and i have been very lucky to find stuff on here or Ebay and saved a great deal of money. I have a pro shop i go to at least once a week to shoot the breeze and i have spent over 800 in the past year buying stuff from them but i feel guilty that i buy things on here and then take them into the store to be worked on. Is it wrong to shop on here and then not feel guilty since im not buying from them more often? By the way the guys there are great and have always helped me out whenever i need it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Arenac Archer
545 Posts
Like most people i cant blow thousands of dollars each time i want new stuff and i have been very lucky to find stuff on here or Ebay and saved a great deal of money. I have a pro shop i go to at least once a week to shoot the breeze and i have spent over 800 in the past year buying stuff from them but i feel guilty that i buy things on here and then take them into the store to be worked on. Is it wrong to shop on here and then not feel guilty since im not buying from them more often? By the way the guys there are great and have always helped me out whenever i need it.
I am worried about this as well. Do you find that your local pro shop is willing to help you out on a bow you didn't buy from them? I am concerned that if I buy a bow on archery talk and take it in to get help they will not be all that excited about helping me.

· Registered
5,479 Posts
If you are paying for labor, then I would say there shouldn't be a worry about it.

You're still giving the shop business and while there you may buy something anyways.

I guess I don't look at it any different than if you bought a car from a private party and brought it to the dealership to get it fixed.

· FITA/TRAD/PARA SuperMod
3,706 Posts
All my stuff comes off AT, it's kind of a joke around my shop. How long will I keep this bow? Anyway, I pay for the service. I think they make more off me in fees anyway.

· Registered
2,656 Posts
I think it's ok as long as...

1. A person doesn't complain about labor charges. Not a peep. A shop only gives freebies to people that give them 100% business or 100% friendship, and then not always every time.

2. If you like the shop, don't buy something elsewhere that you could have gotten at the shop for the same price. Remember to figure in your shipping and labor.

3. Understand that if everybody does it, and that shop doesn't make enough money to keep the doors open, then you won't have any place to "stop in" and "shoot the breeze." I don't work for peanuts, you don't work for peanuts, why should an archery shop owner and his employees work for peanuts.

I know I wouldn't open a small business for the same salary as I make now...it would take the potential for a lot higher earnings potential for me divest myself of my life savings and my future credit to risk losing everything for a small business with slim margins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.