Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive narrowed it down to these two string companies. They have the exact same prices for their strings, and I have no clue which company to buy from!:confused: I would like to hear your reasons on which company has the higher quality strings.

Thanks,
Jon

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
SIXX Strings. Never heard a bad thing about SIXX's. Dave's a good guy and very much interested in doing right by his customers. I've bought more than a few sets from him and been happy with each.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
+1 for Sixx Strings. Dave makes a great string and is a great guy to deal with. His turn around time was very fast as well. I think I waited about 1 week from the time I ordered to the time my new strings/cables were on my bow. Needless to say, when its again time for a new set, Dave is my guy.

CG

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Haven't heard much about pro strings but I do know that sixx strings does great work. Haven't heard anything bad about Dave's work.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
JBK Bowstrings , zero creep, zero peep rotation, zero serving seperation! Only 55 dollars a set ! Jeff makes great strings!

·
Registered
566 Posts
i have shot sixx strings since he started and wouldnt ever dream about shooting anything else, i have a set that is two years old and still have no serving seperation on the cables. if that wont sell ya nothing will

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, sounds like sixx strings are pretty great, keep the comments comming!:D

·
The business is finished
3,020 Posts
I've shot a ton of different strings. I'm now a Sixx Stringer for life. David's product quality and customer service is a deadly combination....deadly for his competition.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sixx strings. I went through the same thing when I ordered my new bow. I ended up going with Sixx strings because of the customer service, David took the time to explain everything and even helping to recommend colors. The strings came a few days latter and even my pro shop was amazed at the quality. We put them on the bow and after pulling it back five times they were set. Put the peep in and it hasn't moved since. they are great.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
SIXX STRINGS for sure! I have shot them ever since I replaced my first string on a bow. Have had a set on every bow since. AWESOME product and awesome customer service.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
:roflmao:
Just to clear the air on that one.
ALL of my staff shooters were customers long before they made my staff. Unlike most companies I do not accept resumes, and employ a bunch of guys to promote my product just because they get free stuff.

Everyone on my staff earned their spot. Rather than accept resumes, my staff coordinator and myself keep an eye out through out the year. We watch for the most loyal customers, ad customers who are representing themself in a professional manner. We then invite those customers to join our staff. Every single person on my staff was already shooting my strings "BY CHOICE" long before they were on the staff. None of them even knew they were in the running for a staff position until they got the invitation.

I know in a lot of cases staff shooter words are just because they are getting free stuff to promote said product. With my staff that simply is not the case. My shooters were already standing behind my product before they were staff. They got offered a staff position because we like to stand behind the people who stand behind us.

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
Just to clear the air on that one.
ALL of my staff shooters were customers long before they made my staff. Unlike most companies I do not accept resumes, and employ a bunch of guys to promote my product just because they get free stuff.

Everyone on my staff earned their spot. Rather than accept resumes, my staff coordinator and myself keep an eye out through out the year. We watch for the most loyal customers, ad customers who are representing themself in a professional manner. We then invite those customers to join our staff. Every single person on my staff was already shooting my strings "BY CHOICE" long before they were on the staff. None of them even knew they were in the running for a staff position until they got the invitation.

I know in a lot of cases staff shooter words are just because they are getting free stuff to promote said product. With my staff that simply is not the case. My shooters were already standing behind my product before they were staff. They got offered a staff position because we like to stand behind the people who stand behind us.

Very well said Dave.

The other point I've made when recommending SIXX strings is this; I truly believe Dave has an interest in supporting and growing archery as a whole and not just in trying to make money off of the sport we all enjoy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
sixx strings for sure...dave makes a awesome set of strings and has even better customer service.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have had 4 sets of prostrings with no problems. Great strings and great customer service.

·
shoot what you want
2,112 Posts
Not only a great string. but the best costumer service anywhere. Dave was right it took hours upon hours researching to find staff shooters. the things they are saying is truth not just because they get stuff.

smurphy staff coordinator.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts