Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FITA/TRAD/PARA SuperMod
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KELSO, Wash. (AP) - Kelso, Wash., police said a man used his compound bow to interrupt an apparent break-in at a nearby vacant home, wounding a fleeing man in the buttocks. Police said the man grabbed his hunting bow late Sunday night and chased a suspected prowler for more than three blocks. When the fleeing man refused to stop, the bowhunter shot him with a broadhead arrow.

A 32-year-old Longview man later sought treatment at St. John Medical Center for an arrow wound to the left buttock. Doctors removed the arrow tip and the man was listed in satisfactory condition Monday.

Kelso Police Capt. Vern Thompson said there were no immediate arrests and the investigation continues. He said charges against both men are possible.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
KELSO, Wash. (AP) - Kelso, Wash., police said a man used his compound bow to interrupt an apparent break-in at a nearby vacant home, wounding a fleeing man in the buttocks. Police said the man grabbed his hunting bow late Sunday night and chased a suspected prowler for more than three blocks. When the fleeing man refused to stop, the bowhunter shot him with a broadhead arrow.

A 32-year-old Longview man later sought treatment at St. John Medical Center for an arrow wound to the left buttock. Doctors removed the arrow tip and the man was listed in satisfactory condition Monday.

Kelso Police Capt. Vern Thompson said there were no immediate arrests and the investigation continues. He said charges against both men are possible.
Should have shot the ******* in the head. ALL problems solved.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Should of used a blunt i can't even imagine how bad that would hurt.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I have to admit I like the idea of justice possibly being served here, but I'll wait until I get more facts first.

Don't want to see vigilantes taking over, but I won't shed tears for the perpetrator, if he turns out to be guilty.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Its like throwing an axe through a burgler !!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Waiting for the "What, no Pass thru!?" and "He shouldn't have used <Brand X> broadheads!" comments ....

In 3 ..... 2 ......1 .....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Even though I think the perp got what was comming, the way I understand it is that the guy didn't have a right to shoot the perp. It doesn't sound like the perp was much of a threat and so the guy wasn't in any immediate danger. Also with the perp running away, if he was even a threat to begin with, he wasn't a threat anymore as soon as he ran. Didn't sound like he was armed either. According to the law it sounds like the guy is gonna get in trouble himself for shooting the perp. Yes it hit him in the butt, but it could have been a leathal hit and he could have killed him. Once the perp or robber, whatever you wanna call a bad guy, no longer poses as a threat you have no right to shoot them. Anyone remember the story of the pharmasist who shot a teen robber and then walked up to him and shot him 5 more times? He is up for murder charges. Don't have to agree with it, but thats the law.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'll bet the guy says the burglar "jumped the string ".
or
I just couldn't see the (x) ring !!

I say good for him,he deserves an arrow in the crack for
breaking in a house.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
He probably had the lead and range right but one blade opened too soon and screwed up the shot..

That said, chasing someone 3 blocks and then shooting him with a bow? Lawsuit time I'll bet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts