Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 64lb Alphaburner shoots dead centre with field points and mechanicals. The moment I put a 100gr Slick Trick broadhead the bow shoots 5 inch to the right and 1 inch higher. I am using Easton Axis nanos 400 & 340's. I need help.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,266 Posts
First, make sure that your arrow spins true with zero wobble with the fixed blade on it. If it spins perfectly true, next, make MICRO adjustments left, and down to your rest. That is assuming that everything else on the bow is set uo correctly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have the same problem and dont know what is the problem. Rest to the left without success. Broadheads and Bareshaft to the right and the nock is looking to the left. I shoot 70# 26,5 DL, Spine 340.

·
Registered
136 Posts
at how many yards?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Check for fletching contact.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
You might try some other fixed broadheads - like the Montec, Striker, or Muzzy. I had a similar deal with one of my bows a couple of years back. Not all broadheads fly the same in certain bows.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I had the same problem with my UltraTec Spiral. The charts say 340s, I went to 300s and the problems disappeared. Its worth a shot. I tried lighter points as well. Stiffer spines fixed it. Had a buddy with similar problems, he shot one of my arrows and ordered a dozen 300s the next day.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
My 64lb Alphaburner shoots dead centre with field points and mechanicals. The moment I put a 100gr Slick Trick broadhead the bow shoots 5 inch to the right and 1 inch higher. I am using Easton Axis nanos 400 & 340's. I need help.
Whats the draw length an arrow length.??Also what fletchings are being used?An what broadhead weight?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the Hoyt Alphaburner and I need some help! I have set my draw weight at several different weights from 75# 70# 65#. My draw length is 29" and I have been using many different arrows but I still have a big problem with VIBRATION. I mean this is crazy. 3 seconds after the shot my bow is still shaking like a jackhammer. I tried a heavy arrow 444 grains and the vibration was still there. I tried reducing the draw weight to 65# but the vibration is still seriously bad. What the heck is wrong with this thing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the Hoyt Alphaburner and I need some help! I have set my draw weight at several different weights from 75# 70# 65#. My draw length is 29" and I have been using many different arrows but I still have a big problem with VIBRATION. I mean this is crazy. 3 seconds after the shot my bow is still shaking like a jackhammer. I tried a heavy arrow 444 grains and the vibration was still there. I tried reducing the draw weight to 65# but the vibration is still seriously bad. What the heck is wrong with this thing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts