Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having major problems tuning (paper) with a customers Left Handed, Reezen 6.5, 70lb, 29" draw.

Set up is as follows:
Whisker Biscuit
Gold Tip 5575 xt hunters 29"
String Loop
Bow set at 70lbs

The bow is having a major tear X-----O, I can get up and down good, but cannot get rid of tail left tear. Can get it to reduce, but is still 1-1/4" out.

Tried 7595's thinking it was spine problems
Tried rest all the way left (towards riser), tried all the way right, as far as I dared.
Tried 85grain, 100grain and 125grain
Checked cam lean
Cam is in time
Even tried a different whisker biscuit. New style and old style.
Lowered poundage.

Finally called Mathews, they have me sending bow back to them with rest and a couple arrows.

Has anyone else had similar problems with Left Handed Reezens?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same thing on a dren ld but it was the opposite direction and my fault, I had dropped the bow and the cam hit a rock. I thought it was ok but in the end I believe the cam bent slightly as I replaced the cam and it fixed it.

·
Archery is my way of life
741 Posts
tuning

looks like the arrow might be too weak, try shooting a heavier spine arrow and see if that does the trick!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the first thing I would do is loose the whisker biscuit rest, and try a Quality archery designs rest. Set the idler lean, top of the Idler slightly away from the riser to move center shot out slightly. set the rest at 11/16 off the riser to start. and start with arrow 1/8 above square. this should get you fairly close. I set up tons of mathews a year and usually can paper tune a bow in less than 8 shots. please pm me with any further questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got bow back from Mathews, Riser was out of spec. They replaced riser and tuned bow, now shoots bullet holes.

Thanks for all the input!!!!

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts