Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting my bow for a week now and I'm having a problem with the arrow flight. The tail is kicking to the right, but it strightens out and hits the target square. I've tried moving my rest back and forth, but it doesn't seem to help. I know I am a bit over spined (the shop set me up with the "correct" arrows) Any ideas? Here are my stats

left handed Switchback XT
61lbs dw, 28.5 dl
30" FMJ 340's with 125 grn trip

Thanks

· Registered
2,548 Posts
I beg to differ on you being overspined with that setup I think your spine is probably about dead on. What fletching are you shooting and have you completely ruled out fletching contact? I would bet you are getting contact with your cables or your rest. Also what type of rest?

· Registered
444 Posts
I am shooting almost the exact set-up. Right handed SBXT 28 1/2 draw at
63 lbs. with a FMJ Axis 340 but with 100 grains tips, arrows are cut at 29 inches. I would also guess fletching contact some where. You might need
to try 100 gr. tips. That arrow is pretty heavy to begin with. I like a heavy
arrow for elk hunting but find mine fly better with the 100 gr. tips vs. 125 gr.
Guess the spine is a little stiffer this way and leaves the bow straighter.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
I have been fighting this same thing for weeks....:thumbs_do

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm using a limbdriver rest, and yes I did notice a black mark on 2 or 3 of my 5 arrows (fletched with Blazers). One of my arrows has a FOB on it and that one also flies the same as the others, so I wasn't sure if the cable has anything to do with it. I also moved my rest out far enough to avoid contact with the cable and my arrows were sticking in the target with the tail kicked to the right like \

· Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm using a limbdriver rest, and yes I did notice a black mark on 2 or 3 of my 5 arrows (fletched with Blazers). One of my arrows has a FOB on it and that one also flies the same as the others, so I wasn't sure if the cable has anything to do with it
I just put a limbdriver on and I made sure I pulled the cord down very tight While holding the prongs down. Then I tightened the tension screw and tied a knot underneath with the excess. Are you sure yours is tight enough and the rest is all the way down?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.