Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hunint late season, and in December in Northern Minnesota weather get's pretty cold.

when i draw back my rest (NAP dropaway) sticks, and jumps up and kicks my arrow off.

I need to find a way to fix this because it's really awesome when you draw back on a deer and your arow jumps off your rest and falls down to the ground and the deer runs away:confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any ideas of a good way to lubricate the journal bearing?

or good ideas for lube?

·
Registered
90 Posts
dunno if this will help but ive had 2 ripcords with similar problems. when it got cold the one wouldn't drop at all..took hours to modify so it would work and it does still work, but it's on a slow pse. the other one falls but it falls too slow and i get fletching contact on my dxt, no matter what i do, no matter how the nock is turned. i know a ripcord isn't a nap...but it seems like a design flaw to me..heard quite a few complaints like these with the nap's and ripcords

·
Registered
306 Posts
I never cared for the NAP dropaway rest. If you notice your vanes can and do hit the plastic coated cable that attaches to your cable slide. I used one briefly on my Ultr-tec. I use a Schaeffer drop away rests.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Contact NAP directly. Great custermer service. If you need help they'd be the ones to talk to and from my dealings with them, I think they would appreciate knowing of any design problems their products might have.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Contact NAP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts