Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with noise/loosenes on the vertical adjustment for a Spot Hogg "Real Deal". I recently purchsed this as a hunting sight and was initially pleased with the construction, but I can't get the vertical adjustment thumbscrew to quite down. Even if I tighten it down with pliars it eventually works loose. I wonder if I'd be better off with the "Right On" model which doesn't have the thumbscrew adjustments?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Contact

Hoyt I would call Spot Hogg. I bought a hoggit and it had the adjustment screw stripped. I sent it back to them and they repaired. Pretty good turn around also.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Try putting some string wax on the threads. In general I have found that this will help with just about any screw that comes loose on my bow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to give the "hunter hogg it" a try. The thumbscrew design on the "real deal" (and other brand sites) seem inherently flawed when seeking silence.

·
Registered
548 Posts
been using a Real Deal now for over a year and havent had any issues with the adjustment screws coming loose. like suggested id send it to Spot Hogg and have them take a look at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts