Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 switchback 30" draw 60-70 lbs. that I purchased used from here at AT and I am having a little problem with it. The string likes to jump out of the roller guide after every 2 or 3 shots. Is this a common problem?? It currently has a vapor trail VTX string on it and appears to currently be causing some decent server wear at the roller guard. Seeing that the bow is not under warranty because i purchased second hand can someone help me out here with some replacement parts?? It looks to me like one of the wheels on the roller guard is leaning to one side. Are these 2 wheels able to be replaced without purchasing the entire roller guard?? Can someone help me out here with some parts?? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Randy Benoit :sad:

·
74,535 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
ridge1959 said:
I have a 2005 switchback 30" draw 60-70 lbs. that I purchased used from here at AT and I am having a little problem with it. The string likes to jump out of the roller guide after every 2 or 3 shots. Is this a common problem?? It currently has a vapor trail VTX string on it and appears to currently be causing some decent server wear at the roller guard. Seeing that the bow is not under warranty because i purchased second hand can someone help me out here with some replacement parts?? It looks to me like one of the wheels on the roller guard is leaning to one side. Are these 2 wheels able to be replaced without purchasing the entire roller guard?? Can someone help me out here with some parts?? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Randy Benoit :sad:
Randy, it sounds like whomever put the VTs on might have done something wrong. I was looking at my SB just now and just couldn't figure out how what you are describing could happen on it's own. I would go to a Mathews dealer and seek help. It is probably the way you are going to get it fixed the quickest and the best.

·
NC ASA Director
36,028 Posts
Make sure the buss cable is the closest on to the arrow, and the string on the outside roller. Also, check your ATA to make sure the bow is in spec. Then, the only other thing it might be is that the bearing is gone out of the roller wheel. Take the E-clip off and remove the pin that holds the wheels in it and check the bearings in the wheels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem found

Just wanted to let you know the problem was found . Whoever installed the new Vapor Trail cable installed it wrong as you had suggested. Bow now shoots great and probably the smoothest bow I have ever shot. Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts