Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I picked up a B3 Versa to get in the groove of shooting a new thumb release, however I have noticed that I have to tilt my head quite a bit forward in order to feel comfortable at full draw. With my index release, I can draw my bow, come to my anchor no problem, and begin my shot process with no issues whatsoever. However it seems that my anchor point is different with a thumb button, and it isn't fun having to tuck my head down in order to see through my peep. Like I said, with my index release, I have zero problems with form/anchoring. I'm a little stumped on what I could do to to enjoy shooting a thumb, index, or a hinge interchangeably. I have a kisser button and I am confident in my anchor; could I be doing something wrong here or does the overall size difference between a thumb release vs index mean I will most likely have to shoot one or the other (comfortably)?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Recently I picked up a B3 Versa to get in the groove of shooting a new thumb release, however I have noticed that I have to tilt my head quite a bit forward in order to feel comfortable at full draw. With my index release, I can draw my bow, come to my anchor no problem, and begin my shot process with no issues whatsoever. However it seems that my anchor point is different with a thumb button, and it isn't fun having to tuck my head down in order to see through my peep. Like I said, with my index release, I have zero problems with form/anchoring. I'm a little stumped on what I could do to to enjoy shooting a thumb, index, or a hinge interchangeably. I have a kisser button and I am confident in my anchor; could I be doing something wrong here or does the overall size difference between a thumb release vs index mean I will most likely have to shoot one or the other (comfortably)?
You need to re-setup your peep. Generally, you can't keep the same peep position with a handheld release versus a wrist release. My peep moved way up the string when I switched.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Different release = different anchor point. You may have to adjust your kisser, peep, d-loop length, and possibly your draw length when you switch from one type of release to another.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
Different release = different anchor point. You may have to adjust your kisser, peep, d-loop length, and possibly your draw length when you switch from one type of release to another.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I had to do this, I shoot half inch longer draw with a thumb release then I do with a wrist to get the same anchor points and feel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most times your draw length is longer with thumb than index finger release. Lengthen and will probably fall back in line.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Your anchor will change, peep height could change which will cause what you experience. My dl never changed from hinge to thumb button. But I hit lower with a thumb button cause I anchor with a flat hand with a hinge and more flat against my face with a button. I can still get in my peep with thumb button but I could use a shorter d loop because the head is longer than my hinge.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Right now the thumb release is more detrimental to you. Not many people can shoot a index and thumb release without changing some things up. Peep height and anchor point.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
When I added handheld releases, I had to raise my peep. It was a blessing in disguise because it actually gave me a better anchor with my index release too. Chances are you're need to do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts