Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor eyesight has been an issue for years. Used verifiers, different diameter peeps and contacs. Would love to just shoot with glasses. Problem is with my anchor. Natural anchor has me looking above and left of my lenses(right eye). Anyone who has been there please give advice what changes I need to attempt.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Open your stance a bit more and turn your face more facing the target. Also stay away from really short ata bows. Real sharp string angle will make it 10x worse

·
Bow Bender
6,510 Posts
Wish I could offer some help, but I'm about in the same boat. I can shoot with my glasses, but that makes the pins blurry, and the target clear. If I take my glasses of, I can see the pins great, but the target is fuzzy. I use the verifier peep and neither is really super clear, but better than without it. Suck big time. Worst thing that can happen to an archer. I used to shoot lights out. Now I just hope for the best.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have been there and I feel your pain...

I did not want to change anything about my form...not in the slightest, so I tried contacts. They definitely worked but they would always cause discomfort no matter what kind they were so I eventually gave them up.

I shoot with my glasses now. One thing that I did was make sure that the lenses were pressed up as close to my face as they could be. I had to adjust the nose piece a bit to accomplish this.

I still have the same anchor but my head might be slightly turned a bit more than it used to be but I can not really tell the difference. You may have to just make a small change but It just all comes with practice. Keep practicing until it becomes natural.

·
Registered
19,007 Posts
You are trying to do the impossible the eye can not focus on 2 things at 2 different distances at the same time. The best results is to have a clear target & fuzzy pin as your main concentration should be on the target not the sight pin.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Super 91: As for your sight pins not being clear, you may have to go to a different verifier lens.
These lens are numbered #4 to #9 with number 9 being the strongest. The lens are also color
coded. I use a #5 which is purple. I wore 2 power reading glasses. I was referred to Lancaster
Archery and explained what type and power of glasses I wore. This is what they suggested for
me and it has been excellent. As for removing your glasses and now the target is fuzzy, I would
suggest removing the lens from your glasses (the one you use to view your peep). I have since
got glasses with progressive lens but do not use them for archery as I already have the verifier
system installed. Good luck.

·
Bow Bender
6,510 Posts
I have both the silver and the purple, and the silver does better for me right now. I think I'm moving into the purple range soon, as my vision in my right eye has gotten slightly worse over the past year. I've tried contacts but like you they did not work for me. I also tried taking the right lens out of my glasses. That wasn't any good either. So I'm stuck where I'm at I guess.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I only shoot target and my eyes are really bad, I have shooting glasses, -( Knobloch, or Champion, make them) where you can turn the lens so it is parallel to the target, + a red clarifier, the dot in my scope is so big, it almost covers the yellow (9-10) circle, so when I aim, if there is a yellow halo around my dot, I am in the center, (more or less....) - but at 70 with cataracts, its the best i can manage.

Good shooting.

Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts