Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been shooting the Bullheads for turkeys this year? I was excited about getting them squared away but man was i disappointed!!

Got some arrows with a good stiff spine that matched my setup so i could shoot the full length shafts, popped the FOBS on the back and the 125 gr practice points on the other end. Was very impressed with the way the arrows shot, got downright excited. From 0-30 stacking arrows wasnt a problem. . . but when i screwed on a Bullhead to check its accuracy, wow nothing close. Even the same head didnt fly consistent b/t shots. Anyone else had this problem? What could i be doing wrong?:confused:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Arrow?

What is your arrow doing? Have you shot it through paper to see whats happening ?

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
maybe it is the FOB. maybe they cant stablize the bullheads. Either that or your bow is not as tuned as you might have thought. They should be shooting great.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
maybe it is the FOB. maybe they cant stablize the bullheads. Either that or your bow is not as tuned as you might have thought. They should be shooting great.
the fob has worked great for all broadheads from zwickeys(only head that paul uses for hunting) to strikers to gobler guillitines(sp?). i don't see why the bullheads would be the only thing that they can't stabilize.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I have read quite a few threads about them and have not heard of this issue until now. To boot, I have already seen some success pics from people using this head and trust me, they had no problems with accuracy :wink:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have never used turkey heads like your talking about, so my question is why the full length shaft ?? Is it required that they be full length?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I shot the 100gr Bullhead yesterday with FOBS, when i started i was shooting a little to the right. Did some quick rest adjustment (thanks to DOC's broadhead tuning thread...1/16th of an inch to the left) and both field tips and that big ugly chop their heads off Bullhead were hitting the same spot at 20 yards

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Never heard of this problem. Perhaps its your bow and not the broadheads, meaning it needs to be tuned!:wink:

·
Registered
604 Posts
This is probably the wrong question, but why not shoot a large mechanical? I've shot a few turkeys with my bow, but never felt the need to chop their heads off:confused:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
setting

Out of the package they are set to the right, the blades, to match right helical. Is your fletching right helical? This is important.

If it is left helical on your arrow then swap the blades on the bullhead to go to the left when looking at it on the shaft from behind. About a 2 degree on the blades to help them start spinning, or turning. They will fly GREAT when tuned. We have tried them and I have a thread on here about it.

Check it.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts