Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with the Vital Gear Kazaway. I like the rest concept, just wondering what experiences people have had?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have one and have been using it for 5 (maybe 6) years. I have never had any issue with it's functionality and love how it actually hold an arrow tight as opposed to flopping around like most drop away rests. The improvements I could see would be a trigger to prevent kickback (which I have never had an issue) and a way to eliminate to spring that pulls the rest down. The spring I mention has been broken a few times due to wear/constant shooting, but it is not a big issue to me as they will send them to you for free....I just keep and extra one in my bow case. I heard (I think) that they had a newer rest that doesn't use the spring system, but I don't know if that is true or not as I have never looked into it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one and have been using it for 5 (maybe 6) years. I have never had any issue with it's functionality and love how it actually hold an arrow tight as opposed to flopping around like most drop away rests. The improvements I could see would be a trigger to prevent kickback (which I have never had an issue) and a way to eliminate to spring that pulls the rest down. The spring I mention has been broken a few times due to wear/constant shooting, but it is not a big issue to me as they will send them to you for free....I just keep and extra one in my bow case. I heard (I think) that they had a newer rest that doesn't use the spring system, but I don't know if that is true or not as I have never looked into it.
Are you shooting a speed bow? Heard a guy complain that it was catching his fletch.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ive never had a problem with mine. I've had a kaz on an 82nd Airborne, M6 Monster, AM35, Drenalin, Athens Accomplice, and maybe a couple more bows. Never once had a problem. Sounds like it may be set-up wrong.

·
Jarhead
1,042 Posts
My friend,his neighbor and myself all use one and have yet to have any issues with them. I personally feel it's one of the best captured rest on the market that is under advertised. Vital gear makes a Kazaway that uses magnets instead of springs I see on thier website.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a try. Also no one has problems with that tab hitting their hand right?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "tab"...but if you are refering to the "stop" for the arm as it drops then you are gripping your bow very odd. I have never heard of any issue with that. I am not shooting a speed bow, but if varmicon_ga had it on a M6 and 82nd....you should be fine with anything.

·
Jarhead
1,042 Posts
No hand contact here. No one I know who uses the Kazaway has had any contact with their hand either.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks guys, I think I'll give it a try. Also no one has problems with that tab hitting their hand right?

No idea how that could happen...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was referring to the lever/tab for loading the arrow. Same person who said he had problems with fletch clearance said that after the shot the tab would fall into his hand. I thought it sounded strange as well. Thanks for the input at'ers.

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
I had one, then replacement, then another.
I would not use one again if they were free. There are much better FC rests out there.
This rest also cost a family member a monster in November here in WI. We both had contact issues and gripper issues. There are lots of parts PRONE to cold weather issues.

QAD and TT Smackdown BOTH are much better IMO, and I hunted with them just about frozen solid.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have personally been using one on my hunting bows for 4 years now and have sold alot of them, as long as they are set up right they are great. vital gear is a great company.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
a few years back when i got my first one i put it in my freezer. i only wanted it in there for 8 hours or so but i got side tracked over work issues and forgot about it being in there. i took it out after a few days and paper tuned my bow and checked it again the next day and it was still dead on and still to this day havent ever had any issues. honestly i didnt expect it to perform like that after being in the freezer that long but it absolutely did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts