Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ProChrono coming. It will be here tomorrow. I have never used one. What is the secret to getting good, consistant, accurate results?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Do not rely on flourescent lights for good readings. Make sure that you have good incandescent lighting (you know bulbs not tubes) and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Be sure you have fresh batteries all the time and make sure you remember to turn it off...I'm not saying I ran the batteries out of mine or anything.....:embara::embara:

·
74,535 Posts
Pretty simple

I have a ProChrono coming. It will be here tomorrow. I have never used one. What is the secret to getting good, consistant, accurate results?
I suggest you go buy a tripod stand for cameras. Works great and folds neatly away. There pretty simple. I feel I get the best readings with outside light.
DB

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just did an experiment with that and it picked up my arrows at the same speed. :confused: Just make sure your arrow hits the middle (left to right) of the chrono and your readings should be accurate. And of course, light is very important.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My Pro Chrono has a built on light kit. Of course I got it about 25 or so years ago. Still very accurate I think, reads the same speed as the ones at the big IBO shoots.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will only be able to use it outside and I do have a camera tripod that I can use for it. How level does it have to be?

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
It does not need to be level. If you are shooting down at a target through it, just angle it down at the same angle. I try to keep it parrallel to the arrow and the arrow passes through.

I run a battery down about every week because I forget to turn it off. 9volts are high too......:embara:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Be sure the arrow is off the string before it enters the start window. I usually tell people to put their stab tip in front of the display so they won't shoot an arrow into the crono.

·
Registered
143 Posts
:confused: How close do you stand in front of the chrono? The directions say to stand back 10 feet from the chrono.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I think that is for firearms, so the muzzle gas escape at 4500+fps doesn't trigger the start screen before the bullet.

At 10 feet from the crono with a bow you stand a very good chance that an arrow will go through the display instead of the window, thus the phrase "shooting the chronograph" was born. Just for info:wink:, that isn't covered by warranty...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've experimented at just about every yardage with no problems....SO FAR! Thanks for the jinx. :tongue:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shooting the chrono is definately a concern of mine. I'm not that badd a shot, but I can see me sending my first arrow dead center of the display.:embara: Thanks to everyone who provided some input. It was all very helpful.

Wade

·
Registered
908 Posts
The one that I ordered was delivered on Friday and I cant wait to try it myself. Let me know how you did on your first try...thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The one that I ordered was delivered on Friday and I cant wait to try it myself. Let me know how you did on your first try...thanks
I finally got a chance to try it out. I shot 9 arrows through it. Easton Axis Nano 340's. 27.5" w/100gr heads, blazer vanes, 6" wraps; 278 ft/sec. I had one that read 279 and two that read 277. Seemed pretty consistant.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I finally got a chance to try it out. I shot 9 arrows through it. Easton Axis Nano 340's. 27.5" w/100gr heads, blazer vanes, 6" wraps; 278 ft/sec. I had one that read 279 and two that read 277. Seemed pretty consistant.
Thanks...I cant wait to try mine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts