Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Would the draw length still go to 30 or only 29.5? Maybe Boss cams would get me to 30 inches? Just looking at the Reign 6 with similar specs to the Insanity but it has a flip disc. Seems like an Insanity with Prodigy cams would be about the same thing? I know they switched riser width when the BT-X came out right?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Prodigy Cams and Reign Cams are completely different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that but the distance between the limbs on a Prodigy is the same as the Insanity (I believe) where the Reign has the limbs further apart. That means I can use the axles and everything else the cam sits in to mount straight to the Insanity limbs (I think). Prodigy IBO's at 343 at 7" so a 6" brace from the Insanity riser would bump the IBO up. But I'm not sure what the brace would come out to and how long of a draw length I could get to.Anyone ever play with this?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got my Insanity at 80lbs right now and love it. The limb deflections on the BT-X are high enough it would be really hard to get one to 80 lbs. I guess it may just be better to wait and get a Reign cheap and throw the 80lbs limbs on there. It has close to the same deflection as the Insanity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts