Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy wondering if it would be possible to fit prodigy cams or cams and limbs complete onto my invasion cpx? I love my bow but the 180° cable turn post chewing strings gives me the ****s. Now i know it will take work and costom strings but wondering if theres anything that will make it impossible.

Cheers jay

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Hey Jay timely thread,

I am in the middle of doing that exact swap and it's definitely doable. The cams have a similar profile with the main difference being that the pillow blocks are cantilevered off the limb tips vs on top of the limb tips with the Invasion. Because of this you'd be best suited to use the Invasion pillow blocks to keep brace height from getting too long and throwing off the draw lengths. I am waiting on a set of cams from Bowtech and the time to do it.

I'll start a thread here in the Bowtech forums once I get it figured out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That's the bad thing about the invasion cam, if you go to a high strand count string (24 vs. standard 20 for example) the cam has a sharp edge right where it does the 180....it then pinches and it cuts your serving REALLY FAST!

LC

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jay timely thread,

I am in the middle of doing that exact swap and it's definitely doable. The cams have a similar profile with the main difference being that the pillow blocks are cantilevered off the limb tips vs on top of the limb tips with the Invasion. Because of this you'd be best suited to use the Invasion pillow blocks to keep brace height from getting too long and throwing off the draw lengths. I am waiting on a set of cams from Bowtech and the time to do it.

I'll start a thread here in the Bowtech forums once I get it figured out.
Pm incoming tony

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Here you go Jay. It's kinda cobbled together, I was messing with it late last night and fell asleep lol. I will say it's everything I hoped and more...I don't have much time with it nor will I for a little while. The draw cycle is amazing, brace height is right at 7.5" and the speed is still there. I don't have any hard numbers yet but will update in a couple weeks when I get caught up.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Looks sweet as tony how did it go with poundage and draw lenght?
Poundage stayed true, I mounted the cams into the Invasions pillow blocks and kept ATA at 31"...draw length is pretty dang close too. The Prodigy is running true to draw length so I believe that helped, if anything it's about a 1/4" long vs what the cam states.

·
Registered
147 Posts
WOW ...and so JEALOUS!! ...My dream bow with powershift!!! ..How I would love one of those beauties ...
Here you go Jay. It's kinda cobbled together, I was messing with it late last night and fell asleep lol. I will say it's everything I hoped and more...I don't have much time with it nor will I for a little while. The draw cycle is amazing, brace height is right at 7.5" and the speed is still there. I don't have any hard numbers yet but will update in a couple weeks when I get caught up.

·
Registered
232 Posts

Amazing

·
Registered
147 Posts
Couldn't agree more 19onpoint85

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
What string/cable set did you use or are they custom lengths?

LC
They're custom lengths. I had built a set of strings the lengths I thought would be correct but the string was off which is why the string is a different color. I built the string once I figured it out and used a that nobody orders lol.

·
Straight Shooter
5,740 Posts

Update please!!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
This is awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Mine is built 7.5 brace and 1/8 long in the draw but totally shooting the lights out
View attachment 3377865

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Nice work brother, I knew you'd like it. Did you go with a smaller style of screw head to get better clearance with the inside edge of the limbs?

I'm sure you noticed which one I was referring to because I had sanded it down on that set of cams.

·
Registered
783 Posts
If they don't produce something like this in 2016 I will be putting one together.

My Invasion is the bow that I really miss, the Insanity is great but I miss the Invasion.

I am assuming that the Limb deflection was consistent between the two?? As in a 70 Lb stock invasion produced a 70 lb power shift invasion...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If they don't produce something like this in 2016 I will be putting one together.

My Invasion is the bow that I really miss, the Insanity is great but I miss the Invasion.

I am assuming that the Limb deflection was consistent between the two?? As in a 70 Lb stock invasion produced a 70 lb power shift invasion...
Maxed out at 69.3lb mate so very close

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts