Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to get a cracking type noise from my top cam starting at 3/4 thru draw or just before the valley all the way to the draw stop. I thought maybe the mod or power disc was too tight or to loose but that did nothing trying those. Really has me concerned because it sounds like cracking. Here's a video so someone can here it when I draw it on drawboard.
https://vimeo.com/114518105

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Don't like the sound of that. Maybe a bearing not quite right? Not sure but I think I would call bowtech to see what they think. Good luck. Hope you figure it out

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I don't like it either. Seems to be getting worse. The bottom one does it every once in awhile but just a quick little noise. If you draw the bow smoothly and quickly it doesn't make the noise. If you draw the bow slowly or on drawboard it does it. I know if I was sitting in a ground blind drawing back nice and slow the deer will be LONG gone once it hears that. Only 2 weeks of season left too and I wanted to stick one with it

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Interesting. I just asked in another Prodigy thread if any owners were noticing any issues. Apparently there are a couple rare cases out there. Interested in hearing what you find out. I'm looking to possibly purchase a Prodigy, and want to make sure there aren't any blaring issues before I do.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Did you have your strings replaced, or take them off at all? I was going to say, on mathews there are little teflon peices where you attach your strings to your bow near the idler wheel, and if you forget to put those back on when changing strings it makes a popping or cracking noise on draw. Not sure if bowtechs have something similar.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Yep, mod screw is loose.

I picked up a prodigy from ebay last week and the first time I drew it back it sounded exactly like that, i freaked out!
Turned out one of the screws in the mod was a little loose. I tightened everything up and have shot the heck out of the bow for a week now with no problems or noises.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Hmm my cyborg was making that same noise turned out there were micro hair line cracks in it...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, mod screw is loose.

I picked up a prodigy from ebay last week and the first time I drew it back it sounded exactly like that, i freaked out!
Turned out one of the screws in the mod was a little loose. I tightened everything up and have shot the heck out of the bow for a week now with no problems or noises.
Nothing is loose. I've gone thru this bow 100 times over piece by piece. Anything with a bolt has been tightened on this bow

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Little soon to be a possibility but check roller/limb pockets for grease. My insanity made the same sound. Threw some lithium grease on it and went away

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
My top cam on my Onza was making a creaking sound when I drew the bow for a while, one day during a 3-D shoot, the bearing let go. Luckily, I noticed and let down, but on let down, the bow derailed. The bearing came out of the cam in about 500 parts. I would recommend looking at the bearings and replacing them just to be sure.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
That's bizarre. That would freak me out, hope you figure it out. It's gotta be something with the cams, not the limb pockets or roller guard. I would say it's the bearings

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got some shooting a few test arrows thru it this morn. Prob 6 shots. It's gotten way worse. On the letdown it sounds terrible. And the bottom cam is making the noise all the time now also. Guess I'm calling Bowtech.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Just got some shooting a few test arrows thru it this morn. Prob 6 shots. It's gotten way worse. On the letdown it sounds terrible. And the bottom cam is making the noise all the time now also. Guess I'm calling Bowtech.
Good luck, please let us know what it is once you get it figured out!

·
Broken, Beat, & Scarred
6,057 Posts
Dang, keep us posted brother! Bt will take care of you.

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
Bummer. Hope it works out and they take care of you.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
sometimes it's the CP pivots in the saddle that make that noise.

And of course there's gonna be some DOUCHE posting a pic. of the guy in the bomb suit

·
Registered
142 Posts
try loosening the mod screws a turn and then retightening. May not be set quite right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts