Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anticipation is growing with every moment I wait for the hunting season this year. I think it is so bad because I have been following this forum and have so many projects that I am excited about! I have included some pics. The great thing is that I have less than $125 in everything here. Buddies with junk piles should be your best friends!! Thanks to all of the DIYers here for the great ideas...they are not mine and I am not trying to take credit. Please keep them coming!

I made three hay bale blinds:
P1010823.jpg
P1010819.jpg
P1010858.jpg

Mirror blind:
mirror_blind2.jpg mirror_blind1.jpg

Deer feeders and Deer food recipes:
P1010820.jpg P1010824.jpg

Deer Cart (I tested this out with my wife. I would recommend that you don't compare her weight to a deer when you ask her to jump on it!):
DSC_7422.jpg

Deer Drag:
DSC_7427.jpg

I am also using DIY carbon scent remover, earth scent spray, and buck lure for the third year.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually use the activated carbon mix by submerging my clothes in them and then allow to air dry. I then use the scent cover/remover spray (non-carbon) as normal in the field. I didn't have much luck spraying the carbon. The sprayers clog too easy and it is a good way to frustrate you standing in a field trying to spray down. Submerging them will usually last me a few weeks before I wash and do it all over again.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Do you use the fish tank carbon? That's a sweet hay blind!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the buck lure is: I have my son pee in a milk jug till 3/4 full. Mix with one cup ammonia and 2-3 purreed apples. I got this on this site or another diy site. I will try to find the link. I use it on scrapes and around my buck decoy and have had good success with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used the fish tank as well as powdered activated carbon. Both work well. I have been on the ground in pine trees 3 feet away from deer...multiple times.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
awesome stuff man

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the pic that is here is a large jar of peanut butter, cut out the bottom, screw the lid to the tree. they will bury their head in it to lick it clean. The Cmear deer that I use is 1lb canning salt, 1lb corn sugar, 1lb powder sugar and 3 packets of kool aid ( i have tried various flavors, i dont think it matters).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I brew beer and that is what i use for the fermentation. I buy large bags of it from a fermentation store here in town. The only reason that I use that kind is it is much finer than regular sugar.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I put corn in the feeder. Once you start they will eat 50lbs in a couple of days. I guess it is good that I can't feed after august in my area or I would go broke!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just finished my round bale blind and am not happy with my window flaps, what did you use to cover the windows?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts