Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always look forward to our antelope archery hunt here in Alberta. Unfortunately, it's not something that happens very often, but I did get drawn this year along with my brother and uncle. We filled two out of three tags and had a blast. Got some great footage to boot. If you've ever used a decoy, you will find this clip entertaining...:)

Speed Goat Masquerade

Attachments

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Awesome. I thought about doing something similar this year during our bow season in ND.

Great goat.

Congrats.

· Registered
2,611 Posts
I like the concept of your "decoy", but you couldn't pay me to put that thing on and walk around in goat country. With no orange or anything to show that you're a human, that is just asking to get shot.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Thanks for sharing !!!

· Registered
2,381 Posts
I like the concept of your "decoy", but you couldn't pay me to put that thing on and walk around in goat country. With no orange or anything to show that you're a human, that is just asking to get shot.
I wouldn't be scared to wear it in an archey only hunting unit.

Thanks for the idea

· Registered
5,351 Posts
Great video. that looks fun. Definately am a bit nervous about getting shot with that getup on!

· Registered
2,611 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Each to their own

Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't wear it in rifle season, either, and I don't think deer are curious enough to fall for this get up the same as antelope.

I think that one accepts the same risk whether they are wearing the decoy or hiding behind one.

· Registered
12,838 Posts
I really enjoyed the video... It seems like a ridiculous tactic but in the plains hunting pronhorn during bow season, I see no danger... no more than carrying a 2d decoy.

Did you make the costumes? I would love to try one next year on my yearly trip out west.

JIM

· Registered
6,587 Posts
Thanks for the comments. I wouldn't wear it in rifle season, either, and I don't think deer are curious enough to fall for this get up the same as antelope.

I think that one accepts the same risk whether they are wearing the decoy or hiding behind one.
i believe the same thing! looked like alot of fun!:)

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you make the costumes? I would love to try one next year on my yearly trip out west.

JIM
We did. Just painted up a taxidermy form, cut it off at the neck, stuck it on a hat and made some horns 'n ears. It's kinda like Hillbilly Hunter meets Martha Stewart.:laugh:

· Registered
12,838 Posts
We did. Just painted up a taxidermy form, cut it off at the neck, stuck it on a hat and made some horns 'n ears. It's kinda like Hillbilly Hunter meets Martha Stewart.:laugh:
I want one. Did you paint or die the shiry and pants? Can you shoot me over some pics?

JIM

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.