Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every do this? If so, does it have any effect on the deer? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Me buddy heater all te way! No effect whatsoever

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
It will get my ground blind 90 degrees no problem

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It was 3 degrees this morning. Wanting to do some late season bowhunting and thought this might me my most comfortable route. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've done it before, but with the windows open on the pop-up blind it didn't hold heat too well.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If they can smell the propane they can smell the meat eater in the blind.
I suspect propane burning does not scare deer at all.

·
I like big buffs!
4,299 Posts
Well whatever stink, they didnt like it....lol. Ive had em downwind with no heater and was fine. But ya never know. I try my hardest to set up upwind.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I havent seen any propane tanks hunting you cant shoot em if your not out there.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
What bout the noise? My propane heater makes the typical low level noise.

·
Catty Shack
12,409 Posts
If they can smell the propane they can smell the meat eater in the blind.
I suspect propane burning does not scare deer at all.
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
A question on a related note: Are there any concerns with carbon monoxide when using one in an enclosed area? I'm thinking about building a wooden box blind for late season firearms hunts someday, but don't want to kill myself if the blind is too airtight.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A question on a related note: Are there any concerns with carbon monoxide when using one in an enclosed area? I'm thinking about building a wooden box blind for late season firearms hunts someday, but don't want to kill myself if the blind is too airtight.
We use them all the time in box blinds, although we also usually have at least the main shooting window open

·
Registered
466 Posts
Go to local hardware store and buy a 2-3in vent and put one near floor and one near ceiling and you will be fine have been using heaters in my sturgeon shack for years and never had any issue and that's air tight with no windows open. If I sit in a enclosed stand most of the time I at least have my highest suspect window open just so its less chance of noise if one puts the sneak on me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts