Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 Mathews Switchback. Thanks to members on here, it is now in tune (Cam timing, idler alignmenr, ATA, paper- bullets at 1, 5, 10 yards). I've been shooting bows since I was 12. THis is a new to me Switchback, and my first Mathews. I don't know what I think about the grip. The only part of my bow hand that touches the grip is the fleshy meat under my thumb joint, and all fingers are relaxed. My groups just aren't what I'm thinking they should be. 2 1/2 or 3 inches at 30, while I used to have to shoot multiple spots after 3 arrows to prevent killing an arrow. Now, I can pretty safely shoot 5 or 6 at the same spot.

Any Switchback-specific bow hand grip pointers?

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
I've got a 2006 Mathews Switchback. Thanks to members on here, it is now in tune (Cam timing, idler alignmenr, ATA, paper- bullets at 1, 5, 10 yards). I've been shooting bows since I was 12. THis is a new to me Switchback, and my first Mathews. I don't know what I think about the grip. The only part of my bow hand that touches the grip is the fleshy meat under my thumb joint, and all fingers are relaxed. My groups just aren't what I'm thinking they should be. 2 1/2 or 3 inches at 30, while I used to have to shoot multiple spots after 3 arrows to prevent killing an arrow. Now, I can pretty safely shoot 5 or 6 at the same spot.

Any Switchback-specific bow hand grip pointers?
I wasnt a big fan of their grips either, so on my outback, I put on a torqueless grip....go to www.torqueless.com and check them out, you can get an awesome replacement for about 45 or 50?

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Either that, or do like most Mathews owners have done and order (or find on here) a Focus grip. It is made by Mathews and slides right on, use a small amount of 3m adhesive to keep it on. It is the Mathews version of a torqueless grip.

·
Registered
488 Posts
either that, or do like most mathews owners have done and order (or find on here) a focus grip. It is made by mathews and slides right on, use a small amount of 3m adhesive to keep it on. It is the mathews version of a torqueless grip.
x2!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know if a Z7 grip is interchangable on a Switchback? Is there ONE Focus grip, or is there a Focus model for each Mathews model?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts