Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I am done with my light speeds. I have shot them for about 12 years as the shop I used to work for went out of business and I was able to get about 4DZ of them. Well tonight I was shooting and after one end grab one of my arrows and noticed a small fracture in the carbon. I immediately cut the arrow in half so I would not shoot it. This got me thinking, I have never had an arrow explode on me, but had I shot that arrow who knows. Aside from that, I am now down to 5 arrows and it is time for another DZ. I want to make a change. I shoot primarily field and WA/50m. Very occasionally a local 3D. I have always wanted the ACC as they have a tried and true reputation. I am also looking at FMJ. Admittedly, I am an Easton fan boy.

So that being said, the website says a 3-39 (440) or a 3-28 (500) will work. I have always had better luck shooting a slightly stiff arrow. What would you guys suggest?

Mathews Halon X comp
85%
26-3/4“ arrow
55 lbs draw weight. I would like to shoot -100-120gns up front.

Like I said, this will mainly be field and FITA rounds with the occasional 3D shoot. I have an indoor rig.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SMH
1,947 Posts
DL?
Fletching - what flavor, how many?
Peep?
Nock Points?
Pin Nock and bushing?
Glue-in points?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DL 27 3/4
Vantec 1.75
Peep is a hooded super-peep.
G-knocks with uni-bushings
Glue in points.

·
SMH
1,947 Posts
I'd get both weight points and group tune (HIL) to see what your bow likes the best. 100's in the 3-39's are little stiff for your numbers, 120's are really close.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am shooting light speeds with 100 up front now and feel they are a little weak.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Very close to my outdoor setup from last year. 3-28 (500 spine) may be a tad weak with 100 grains total up front. 3-39 (440 spine) may be a bit stiff with 120 total point weight.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can’t seem to find the 120 gn points.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I can’t seem to find the 120 gn points.
Heaviest glue-ins I've seen from Easton for 28s and 39's are 100 grain. I have some adjustable weight points here from another manufacturer. May also have to go with inserts/half-outs and screw ins for the 39's to get above 100grains?
IMO, you're better off with the 3-28's and either 87 or 100 grain points.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information. I found a deal on 6 ACC 3-39 at my current arrow length for $30. I will try those and pick up some 3-28’s. See what tunes better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts