Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a tinkerer. I have a carbon spyder turbo zt that I've tinkered with since I bought it. I took it through my own tuning process using posts from this site as well as inputs from a member on the forum. Overall, I was pretty happy with the performance of my bow after my setup attempt. I learned a lot through the process and I think my bow performance improved from the original factory setup.

That being said, I was curious how close I was to a "super tune" so I shipped my bow off to Mike at Carters Archery. Right away, Mike got the bow from UPS and started sending me photos of the package he received from UPS that looked like it fell out of the UPS truck on the interstate along its journey from IL to MO. Mike hailed the UPS driver and had them note that the package was damaged and gave me an assessment of the damage.

I immediately started a claim process with UPS. Mike supported me through this whole process with UPS. At several points UPS wanted to pick up my bow to take it to a claim manager to have the damaged assessed. Mike refused to let them take the bow and further damage it in transit to their "expert". UPS eventually sent a claim manager to look at the bow at Carters where Mike explained the damage to them. Mike worked with a local Hoyt dealer to put together a quote for replacement parts (namely limbs). He ordered the limbs and went through the tuning process on my bow and was very helpful in getting me the information UPS wanted for my claim.

I have the bow back and its perfect. He found another 7 fps during the tuning process over my setup. The bow is considerably less "temperamental". I felt like I had to be very precise with my grip pressure before to get good tears in paper and bareshaft flight. Definitely more forgiving after I got her back.

Thanks to Mike and the whole Carters Archery gang!

PS - UPS initially tried to decline my claim, saying that I failed to adequately package my bow. I resisted this initial response from them and they have since agreed to compensate me for damages.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,094 Posts
Now THATS above and beyond service.

Nicely done Mike!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
+1 for Carters Archery. Sent my bow to him earlier this year. Great experience. Plan on sending the wife's and daughter's bow's in soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.