Archery Talk Forum banner

pros & Cons PSE Money Maker

1262 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  henkiller2333
Thinking of buying a PSE Money Maker looking for any advice good or bad. Please no ***** holes just bashing PSE or anyother bow.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Team #9
9,759 Posts
well I have one and love it...I have the LF cams...give it try..shoot before
you buy to make sure it what you want..when I first shot it I liked it..but
after shooting my other bows for awhile..I missed my Money maker Bad..
I should have it back by wednesday thank God.....

bigbucks170

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Thinking of buying a PSE Money Maker looking for any advice good or bad. Please no ***** holes just bashing PSE or anyother bow.
..."Pro's" first....excellent grip...Smooth draw cycle...good brace height and A-T-A for Spots...feels good at the shot, very little vibration/kick in hand....Holds/Points very well...Fit/Finsh above average...really good arrow speed for A-T-A, and Brace specs...Mine tuned easy, and draw length changes take 5 mins....Great Factory strings...Quiet...Very solid back wall....Now for the "Cons"...Very very short Valley...Ugly as a mud fence...(People might call You a liar when You tell them that You dont care how Ugly it is..L.O.L.)..And finally, People might call You a liar when You tell them how fast it is...I'd love to have mine back, I got frustrated with Mine, and traded it...Grip size/shape is very subjective, but I think that the Moneymaker has about as perfect of a grip as I've ever felt...Just my .02 Cents...Take Care.....Harperman

· Registered
2,253 Posts
Had mine for over a year. Pros- Just a great bow. smooth draw, accurate, I think it is a great looking bow. Easy to tune. I shot mine mainly for spots but did some 3D with it as well. Cons- From time to time it would creak and pop when drawing it. I know 2 other guys that have 1 and their MM's do the same thing. They say you can take it apart and lube it and that will go away. I never did mine. It's not necessarily a speed machine. At 30" draw, running an arrow right at 300 grains(60 lb DW). I'd get in the 290's. It would be a great ASA bow. You have to add some weight to them, The rise is machined out a lot. Good thing is, there are threaded holes on it to add all the weight you want. I loved mine and would recommend it to anyone!

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Had mine for over a year. Pros- Just a great bow. smooth draw, accurate, I think it is a great looking bow. Easy to tune. I shot mine mainly for spots but did some 3D with it as well. Cons- From time to time it would creak and pop when drawing it. I know 2 other guys that have 1 and their MM's do the same thing. They say you can take it apart and lube it and that will go away. I never did mine. It's not necessarily a speed machine. At 30" draw, running an arrow right at 300 grains(60 lb DW). I'd get in the 290's. It would be a great ASA bow. You have to add some weight to them, The rise is machined out a lot. Good thing is, there are threaded holes on it to add all the weight you want. I loved mine and would recommend it to anyone!
...JarheadHunter....RE the creaking/popping...Mine stopped doing it after a few weeks, a quick fix is spraying some Silicone "Camp Dry", just a little shot, into the limb pockets...Works on Hoyt's, too...As for the arrow speed, Mine had America's Best bowstrings on it, (I dont know how much difference that makes??)...but, I was getting very close to Your posted arrow speeds with 28" of draw...Mine was shooting low to mid 280's f.p.s., at 28" draw...With my bow tuned per JAVI's instructions, and 2 brass nocksets near each cam, the bow maxed at approx. 62#, and shooting 318 grain average arrows, fletcher peep, tied-on nockset, clocked in at average of 284 f.p.s...With a mechanical Release, off the string, I'd get around 288 f.p.s...The Moneymaker is a top shelf bow for sure....Take care, and Semper Fi!!......Harperman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.