Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone heard if any of the pro shooters are switching brands this year? i heard an interesting one here lately. pretty reliable source just don't know if i should spill the beans. i dont know if it is ok yet.if anyone else knows of any moving please post..........tim

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Pro's usually go where they get the best deal. Smart for them. If they are winners they will win with whatever they shoot:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
best deal?

i know that they follow the best deal but the name i heard most likely is very well taken care of by his current sponsor.i was quite shocked by the news. .....tim

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
I would hesitate to announce it. The shooter may still be under contract at this time which would cause quite a headache for the shooter and both company's involved.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no name

that is exactly why i did not name anyone. i was just curious if it was common knowledge yet. anyone know anything concrete on anyone yet.i am quite confident in my source and i believe some will be shocked...........tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did have a buddy that went to the Ontario Champs in Sault St Marie Canada and he told me that he heard that the top Canadian Pro there either resigned or got canned by hoyt apearently this was comming directly from the Pro himself.

The only switch I have heard of so far

·
74,535 Posts
Pros shoot for money

Plain and simple.

I have not heard of any pros changing other than Dudley myself and he announced it.

Always interesting to see who shoots for who ever year.

PSE, Hoyt and Mathews have several Pro staff shooters. Paid very well and thats a good thing.

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
Pro's

All I know for sure is that I'm still available. Companies wanting to sponser me are encouraged to PM me... due to the volume of responses, it might take me a while to respond to them all.

thenson

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Here we go again:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Silly season.

I for one, am not switching. :D

I have heard from one PRO that is switching, but am sworn to secrecay. :zip:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I heard OBT switched from Team Punch It to a new team...supposedly it has really helped his scores.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
TCR1 said:
I heard OBT switched from Team Punch It to a new team...supposedly it has really helped his scores.

Yes....but he is only a Pro in his own mind.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
TCR1 said:

OBT and I are in intense negotiations with Martin!!!!!!!! We are holding out for perqs..... Martin Girl interviewing, Bowhunts with Nathan, Signed Gail Martin Bows and our own custon lineup of bows!!!!!! When these demands are met watch out!!!!!!:wink:

ok... were M4L but we have to scare them out in Wallax2 sometimes ;)
And Bowman I bet what you heard was true :eek: It is a shock!!!! But not surprising in reality...

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
DarrinM said:
OBT and I are in intense negotiations with Martin!!!!!!!! We are holding out for perqs..... Martin Girl interviewing, Bowhunts with Nathan, Signed Gail Martin Bows and our own custon lineup of bows!!!!!! When these demands are met watch out!!!!!!:wink:

ok... were M4L but we have to scare them out in Wallax2 sometimes ;)
And Bowman I bet what you heard was true :eek: It is a shock!!!! But not surprising in reality...
Some of that could actually happen:wink:

·
Registered
613 Posts
When did Dudley say he was changing and who was he changing to? I hadn't heard anthing about him changing.

Reo

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
switching?

from the source that i heard info from they just acted as though it is common knowledge but i have not contacted them back to verify the information is to be spread. i was shocked and i am sure some others on here will also be when and if it is true. i had to pick up my jaw when i heard.btw i do not think all of the top shooters jump around that often. when a manufacturer gets a good shooter they usually dont let them go that easy........tim

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Reo said:
When did Dudley say he was changing and who was he changing to? I hadn't heard anthing about him changing.

Reo

I think some are talking about the joke he was playing with the photo that was on his site of him shooting Dave's Ultra Elite.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts